[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Poll: What music genres do you want to hear in Grip? - Page 3 - GRIP Video Game Forum

Poll: What music genres do you want to hear in Grip?

Tune talk - what do you think of GRIP's music lineup?
Audio discussion - anything to do with the sound of the game

What are your preferences for music in Grip? (pick all genres that you enjoy)

Drum n Bass
38%
Trance
19%
Techno
20%
Breaks
15%
Dubstep (plz no)
7%

Total votes: 347

Moo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Poll: What music genres do you want to hear in Grip?

Postby Moo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:42 pm

I thought this choon might be good for menus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFLDoQhmCLw

It's dubstep, but pretty good.

EDIT: This sounds pretty nice for a menu theme, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8bu7GJN0dA
sus

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Anyone think Daedelus could compose something for this game? (nidhogg ost) That game had situation loops (if thats what you call it) and not the pure song tho.

Edit: No ignore that's a terrible idea.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:16 am

I'm surprised Trance and Techno has polled higher than Breaks, considering Breaks includes Fatboy Slim and a significant proportion of the original Rollcage soundtrack (It was mainly Drum & Bass, followed by Breaks, for both games).

Moo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Moo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:20 am

sus

Xiphan

Postby Xiphan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:47 am

Trance at no less than 140 BPM! d(^^,)b

A pity my sig is too big because I freaking love trance!

I also love this game even more now because trance was included as one of the options. :D

IncaWara

Postby IncaWara » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:40 pm

So there is this album I've been listening too. And I think this kind of music would be great in GRIP. Some of these tunes remind me of the tunes back in Rollcage 1.
Soooo, have a listen and be inspired! :D
"Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate."
-V

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:48 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

harrisonosirrah

Postby harrisonosirrah » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:04 pm

SuperSomariDX

Postby SuperSomariDX » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Even if there isn't, at least there's always the ability to use our own tracks to race to. =P
RollCaged and ReStaged.

One insane ride that will force you to Grip onto your seat.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:49 pm

Game Director

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:19 am

Damn, these guys are probably doing nothing but coding, eating, sleeping and keeping us updated. And i'm not sure about eating...
Thank you for your dedication to the community!

Oh yeah? I'm so boring that
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:31 am

If you have enough money, Noisia could create OST for Your game themselfs
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

Moo

Postby Moo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:46 am

sus

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:46 am

LustVanGoth
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby LustVanGoth » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:16 am

They can always use free music :)
Mówił trochę w każdym europejskim języku, i w każdym języku najchętniej milczał.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:57 am

How about this:

https://youtu.be/bLVZ1i1HvlY?t=28s

couldn't find better quality with the lyrics from jungle sound gold remix, but the song itself is what I was thinking about

Row

Postby Row » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:20 am

Rollcage introduce me into DnB and Darkcore sound... and I still love it... but perfect was the divergence depends on racetracks... for deeper industrial look there was great Technical Itch and Dom & Rolland (where great alternatives are Switch Technique or Stakka & Skynet) for lighter themes there was aslo great Aquasky or Omni Trio.
I hope that you will bring this feeling back too.
If you want some frash more modern sound there was mentioned Noisia with some overlap to Dub Step. Or Savant (Aleksander Vinter) which is great musician with lot of different setups. For example Ninur album sounds great for me (it is bit darker then rest of his production) and I also love his complextro setting but I sure that is not good choice for Grip. :)

And even if I am kind of a fan of dub step... I am not sure if this is a good choice for Grip... When I saw the first trailer I was almost transfered back to my childhood and there should be the (almost retro today) same soundtrack.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:04 pm

ill send some suggestions :D

https://soundcloud.com/mattdarey/lost-t ... r-original (Classic trance! one of the most influencial tracks)
https://soundcloud.com/zomboy/10-zomboy ... ypes-remix (Awesome Drum and Bass. IMO Amazingly fit rollcage, minus vocals and it would be perfect)
https://soundcloud.com/rafau-etamski/fr ... mski-remix (Next amazing D`n`B from polish dj, i can talk with him about making some tracks for Grip)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw (Classic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wru2aDvmpT0 (Classic x2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7zGaOgg0xg (HOW COULD I NOT POST IT)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8bu7GJN0dA (Moo`s suggestion for main menu theme)

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:21 pm

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Return to “Music & Sound”