[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Poll: What music genres do you want to hear in Grip? - Page 4 - GRIP Video Game Forum

Poll: What music genres do you want to hear in Grip?

Tune talk - what do you think of GRIP's music lineup?
Audio discussion - anything to do with the sound of the game

What are your preferences for music in Grip? (pick all genres that you enjoy)

Drum n Bass
38%
Trance
19%
Techno
20%
Breaks
15%
Dubstep (plz no)
7%

Total votes: 347

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Poll: What music genres do you want to hear in Grip?

Postby landvaarder » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:02 am

I think this would fit:
:ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:13 am

I think I can put it here even tho You probably know them:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/music2/0 ... XRd02bo5Cw

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/music2/0 ... aiCqi-kcbg

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/music2/0 ... zKwuBwvAUg

Indeed, these are from RC2, and I feel if We want to find music that fits GRIP we should be based on those 3.
Last edited by 0Blueaura on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:34 am

The Dropbox links do not work...

If you were posting the Rollcage soundtrack, then all you have to do is check this channel by yours truly: :P

https://www.youtube.com/user/rollcagesoundtrack/videos

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Ha, oh right, the PC soundtrack!

I grew up playing the playstation version. To be honest, most of the tracks on the PC soundtrack don't compete. If you haven't experienced Rollcage on Playstation, you're missing out hehe. :P

When Outworld tracks would come on in the Tournament and you heard "Pascal - Cool Maneuver" and "Des Tong - Organised" , it really set the scene for the alien planet so well.

Plus the PS1 Rollcage intro... come on... "Technology" is the dirtiest tune my child brain ever heard! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4nvQiPemwY
Last edited by Tazeram on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:14 pm

I never played on playstation ^_^ I was only PC, xbox 360 and nintendo 64 user

but even so pc soundtracks seems a lot better for my taste, the 3 songs i mentioned above are really well made, they havent get old after 10 years or so. they feel like they were made atleast 2 years ago, I wouldnt mind if these were uploaded on youtube under the UKF account :lol:
Last edited by 0Blueaura on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:24 pm

After writing all these replies, I feel like I've been shutting down most suggestions. Sorry about that :P

It's just that we have a distinct theme for the game, and we want to make sure the music properly conveys that theme.

I think the main things to think about when suggesting music is:

-) Intensity: we need a decently high bpm, with a real push behind the song
-) No vocals. Vocal tracks just don't fit into Grip's theme
-) No "happy" tunes. The samples/sounds used in the songs should be powerful and intense rather than friendly and "pretty"
-) We're not really into using old tunes, or classics, or retro. Good example is "Lost Tribe (Matt Darey) - Gamemaster" (sorry WROBL :P)

I appreciate you guys posting all these suggestions. I wouldn't be listening to them all if i didn't.
Game Director

Moo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Moo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:42 pm

I will yet again suggest Dom & Roland. I mean, his later albums have a type of sound that could fit well in Grip. A few examples being:

Footnotes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2TMvfnmKbI
Raptor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4aZPmj8tw
Quadrant 6 (with Optical): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74h37TRNurU
Enforced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4mdoRPIUI
Terminate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFdWr363esI

Since he already worked on some songs for RCSII's PSX OST, maybe he could help you out on GRIP's OST too! :)

EDIT: My suggestions on Potty's post are from back when we didn't know what was going on here, so expect a lot of expensive choices... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Moo on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
sus

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Last edited by 0Blueaura on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:33 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:37 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

CreepyGhostCalls
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CreepyGhostCalls » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:42 am

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:02 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:28 am

I know it won't be possible to put it in GRIP, but still, that one is by far my favourite track from WipEout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uQnXvRndcE

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:57 pm

:ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:51 pm

I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Return to “Music & Sound”