Custom music player suggestions

Tune talk - what do you think of GRIP's music lineup?
Audio discussion - anything to do with the sound of the game
Volken

Custom music player suggestions

Postby Volken » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:33 am

I really love that we can add our own custom music into the game, but I have some small issues:
-Custom music tracks prevent vanilla music tracks from playing or the chance is really low (played 10 times only got custom music tracks)
-I'm not sure but I think the quality of the custom music tracks is worse when played by the game (i used mp3 files)

Another thing which is not really a bug but I'd like to see changed is that when racing It'd be nice if a different music track would be played after the previous one to avoid the music getting repetitive when you have lots of laps in the race.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Custom music player suggestions

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:08 am

Currently all of our soundtrack tunes are looped so that they work seamlessly ingame. Switching to another track mid-race would sound really jarring. Each music track is 3-4 min long. How many laps are you doing?

As for the jukebox:

-Yeah, the soundtrack cannot currently play along with your custom music. This is just how the software works. We would have to code some more functionality for it, which is kinda low on the priority list. It will be done at some point though
-The music player certainly plays the custom songs at a lower volume, so you may need to turn it up for them. But I haven't noticed a reduction in quality
Game Director
GRIP

Volken

Postby Volken » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:12 pm

Chris_CE wrote:How many laps are you doing?

When playing time trial - trying to make a new lap time record on a map or just learning/practicing them I tend to play up to 20-30 minutes.

daktylus

Postby daktylus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:45 pm

I also posted it in another comment.

I also love this functionality +1 Great work.

Is there any possibility to choose a playlist before starting a race (either standard music or different folders of my own MP3 files) ??

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:35 pm

The way the music player works, it doesn't have the kind of functionality unfortunately. We may improve it over time, but for now it does what it needs to do ;)
Game Director
GRIP

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:33 am

I'd like it to switch to the next song after the current one ends as well, but if you're playing for 20-30 minutes, you're better off just using an external music player.

MisterNaga

Postby MisterNaga » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:51 am

I also noted another issue : when I use my custom musics, it's seems like the music player in the game doesn't handle correctly the stereo musics : it's like you can only hear the sound of the music from only one of the speaker, not both. Does anyone else has encountered this issue ?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:12 pm

First I've heard of it. Anyone else have this issue?
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Music & Sound”