[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
General Sound Effects - GRIP Video Game Forum

General Sound Effects

Tune talk - what do you think of GRIP's music lineup?
Audio discussion - anything to do with the sound of the game
yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

General Sound Effects

Postby yellowquiet » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:52 pm

I was wondering what kind of sound effects should be used in the game.
I'd like to hear a siren before the race starts like they did in RC1&2 and grinding noises when the cars manage to touch the ground.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Tazeram

Re: General Sound Effects

Postby Tazeram » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 am

Yeah, i was wondering this too...

Looking at the Trailer, it seems they are re-using the original Rollcage vehicle sounds, which is awesome, but the 'Homing Rocket' and 'Machine Gun' seem to have welcomed updated sounds.

What is also new, is the 'Turbo Boost' sound and obtaining a hologram pickup sound, but with these two i miss the old Rollcage sounds. I'm not sure if 'Turbo Boost' has a FX sound upon use. I think i hear something subtle amidst the vehicle noises.

I wonder what sound FX they can re-use without copyright issues, and which ones they don't want to re-use to can't re-use.

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm also wondering if there will be different engine noises. This was mentioned in a different thread but I would like to hear the standard engine noise of the first rollcage to low grumbles of a very large engine to the high pitched noise similar to a formula 1 car before they bastardized them by turbocharging. It would be interesting to see an electric car too. There is a league of electric race car called formula E and they sound like giant electric remote controlled cars. And it would be cool to hear a car that has a jet turbine as a engine.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Game Director

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:12 am

TOSSMEH
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TOSSMEH » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:21 pm

I'd like to see music-changing effects, music drops out a bit if you go flying through the air or maybe even stutters a bit if you slam particularly hard into a floor or into a wall or get hit by a missile, personally i think it adds impact to things when your music has to stop and say "GODDAMN" for a split-second.
Gripping Grip's Grip Greatly Grudgingly

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:34 pm

+1 TOSSMEH

Edit: -1 RollingGuyMaster

RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:17 pm

I dont know if i already said this or not.. but if the cars are going to be going near the sound barrier in speeds would it be cool if all the audio crackled and slowly faded to just a pitch?
Kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82Efr3M5Vs
And when you slow down the audio fades back.

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:02 am

I'm liking the sounds of the audio distortions and effects.

Joda

Postby Joda » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:46 am

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:53 am

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Michael (our Sound Designer) is excited about making sounds and music dynamic depending on the situation. So like TOSSMEH said, it coulld change when you're airborn or on the tail of someone or just took a hit from a missile.

But like everything else, it's inclusion depends on the amount of funding we have
Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Game Director

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:11 pm

You're just a voice pal.

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q94F-RV ... u.be&t=126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVUPtR ... tu.be&t=59

Right at the starting line. Mixed sound of jet engines and, petrol engines. I will scream.

Oh yeah? I'm so boring that
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:22 pm

You're just a voice pal.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Game Director

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:05 am

You're just a voice pal.

Return to “Music & Sound”