Page 1 of 1

Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:54 am
by StickyBassline
Can we get a subsection on the forum about new patchnotes where only devs can make posts but users can comment on said patchnote treads?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who want to hear what's changed. :)

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:17 am
by Broscar
We'll get a changelog system in place sooner or later <3

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:49 am
by StickyBassline
Thanks Broscar and Chris <3

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:21 pm
by Chris_CE
Yeah this was mentioned before. Thanks for reminding me

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:39 am
by Carnage
Hmm I was about to make a new thread on this till I ran into this one, Mainly as I can't tell what build we're on, I see a few from feb/march on the announcements, but I'm sure there has been a patch since then... I've not played for a little while.

A sub forum in the way Warframe does it would be good, Only the most recent main patch and hotfix are pinned and open for comment, after a new patch they get un-pinned and locked.

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 am
by potterman28wxcv
Carnage wrote:A sub forum in the way Warframe does it would be good, Only the most recent main patch and hotfix are pinned and open for comment, after a new patch they get un-pinned and locked.

It's right there already: viewforum.php?f=21

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 am
by Carnage
potterman28wxcv wrote:
Carnage wrote:A sub forum in the way Warframe does it would be good, Only the most recent main patch and hotfix are pinned and open for comment, after a new patch they get un-pinned and locked.

It's right there already: viewforum.php?f=21


... So it is... in "GRIP Early Access Feedback > Announcements"
Not where I would expect it to be... and with the same title as another subforum... In the feedback category...
Odd...

Thanks anyway, I'll take note of that location.

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:09 am
by potterman28wxcv
Carnage wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
Carnage wrote:A sub forum in the way Warframe does it would be good, Only the most recent main patch and hotfix are pinned and open for comment, after a new patch they get un-pinned and locked.

It's right there already: viewforum.php?f=21


... So it is... in "GRIP Early Access Feedback > Announcements"
Not where I would expect it to be... and with the same title as another subforum... In the feedback category...
Odd...

Thanks anyway, I'll take note of that location.

Yeah maybe Announcements should be renamed to "Patch Announcements" to make it clearer, and "GRIP Early Access Feedback" to just "GRIP Early Access"

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 am
by Carnage
potterman28wxcv wrote:Yeah maybe Announcements should be renamed to "Patch Announcements" to make it clearer, and "GRIP Early Access Feedback" to just "GRIP Early Access"


I'd put it under a 'patch notes' subforum in the normal Announcements forum, feels like the logical place, But that's just me.

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:58 am
by potterman28wxcv
Carnage wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:Yeah maybe Announcements should be renamed to "Patch Announcements" to make it clearer, and "GRIP Early Access Feedback" to just "GRIP Early Access"


I'd put it under a 'patch notes' subforum in the normal Announcements forum, feels like the logical place, But that's just me.

Maybe it should be put here once GRIP is released. As long as GRIP isn't released, the patch notes stay in the Early Access subforum.

It might be what the devs had in mind. The Announcements stand for general announcements, while the Announcements under the GRIP Early Access are specific to the Early Access

Re: Patchnotes on the forum?

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:18 am
by Chris_CE
Yeah, patch announcements I decided to put in the early access area, and reserve the main announcements forum for general stuff. Not saying this is the best system, though