A new community manager kicks in

Please post any issues with the website or forums in here
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

A new community manager kicks in

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Hey there !

As some of you might have noticed, Chris has recently (well, yesterday) promoted me to the role of Community Manager.
Even though a bunch of you already know me, I thought it would be nice to introduce myself on the matter :)

My background, or how I came to know Grip

I am a big Rollcage fan, like most of you (I only knew about Rollcage Stage 2 before, but that's another story :D ).
Two years ago, I had the occasion (the kind of crazy idea you get at 3 a.m.) to create the Rollcage Steam group.

Thanks to awesome people like Broscar, Dups, t_n_o, Slinger, Wrob, LustVanGoth, unreal_2k7, landvaarder, and I'm sure I miss many others, this group became consistent and eventually became a first sketch of what is the community now.

We were also very lucky to have Rob (codemonkey) joining us - his passion for Rollcage leading to the creation of Rollcage Redux and Rollcage Extreme.

Of course, the apotheosis was reached when Chris & Rob announced Grip ;)

After the announcement, I started talking with Chris quite often about Grip.
It became apparent to me that this guy was really crazy - sorry Chris, you really are :D

Crazy enough to contact Robert Baker and try resurrecting a genre considered almost dead, based on a game almost 15 years old. Crazy enough to work 100% of his time on it, even when he was not even sure yet of its success. Hard to imagine another guy attempting the same thing. And even more than this, he also managed to recruit David Perryman, as well as some other Rollcage fans in his team.

Anyway, that's how I got convinced by Grip. And this is why I want this project to succeed : if it's not them, who could it be ?
I can't think of anyone else. Thus, they have to succeed. And I will do my best to help them with this matter :)

What will I do as a community manager ?

My first objective is to help the devs with stuff involving the community. Right now, my main task consists in sorting out suggestions, reading bug/crash reports, and also feedbacks (summarizing them when necessary), so that the devs don't spend the majority of their time on it. I am also in charge of stuff like badge assignment, and I might be affected to other tasks concerning the community in the future.

My second (personal) objective is to ensure the community lives, even in harsher times. The community is a very important aspect of a game. But also, I love you guys too much to see it shattered by some unfortunate event someday.
In that respect, if you have one day a problem regarding the community, do not hesitate to send me a PM.

I won't work a full-time job for this, being myself a student, but also there is not enough activity right now.
Due to the relatively low amount of workload (for now), I declined Chris generous offer to pay me for this, and decided to remain volunteer as long as the workload can be reasonably managed (which is the case right now).

Final words

I think that's all I wanted to say.. Oh wait, I forgot the most important
Thank you guys for making this community awesome !

See you in Grip !
potty
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: A new community manager kicks in

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Potty is the absolute best man for this job, being such a loyal Rollcage fan, and one that has taken huge steps to bring that community together.

I have complete faith that he'll do the same for GRIP, and that's why we're so pleased to have him as community manager :)
Game Director
GRIP

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Congratulations potterman! I'm sure you'll be a lovely community manager :D It really feels great to experience being among the first in a growing awesome community like this :)
You're just a voice pal.

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:56 am

Nice, potty!

I agree he is the best man for this kind of stuff.
He is really kind, good at explaining a lot of stuff and is EXTREMELY passionate about rollcage, rollcage stage 2 and grip. (no one talks about firebugs)

Keep up the good work man, and do the things this lurker mod can't do! :D
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:48 am

landvaarder wrote:He is really kind, good at explaining a lot of stuff and is EXTREMELY passionate about rollcage, rollcage stage 2 and grip. (no one talks about firebugs)

Oh yeah you're right I have never played Firebugs. Not yet. Soon :D
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:05 am

I acknowledge you as our new community manager.

Does that mean it falls upon you to "manage" in such a way that Tier 6-ers have the last word on matters and always be right?

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:12 am

Raion wrote:Does that mean it falls upon you to "manage" in such a way that Tier 6-ers have the last word on matters and always be right?

And community manager > rank 6 ofc

More seriously though, the rank shall not matter when it comes to discussing.
I will read Driver's suggestions as I would read Splatter's one. And I invite everyone else to do the same.

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Raion wrote:Does that mean it falls upon you to "manage" in such a way that Tier 6-ers have the last word on matters and always be right?

And community manager > rank 6 ofc

More seriously though, the rank shall not matter when it comes to discussing.
I will read Driver's suggestions as I would read Splatter's one. And I invite everyone else to do the same.

That goes without saying.
I'm still always right, though.

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:13 am

Congrats Potty! Seeing what you've done around here, you earned it! ;)

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Potty is the absolute best man for this job, being such a loyal Rollcage fan, and one that has taken huge steps to bring that community together.

I have complete faith that he'll do the same for GRIP, and that's why we're so pleased to have him as community manager :)

Pottyyyy sempai we love you!!!!!!!!

Seriously it's what Chris said! When there is love nothing is impossible :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm glad you're doing it.
I mean, man, I can't imagine having to sift through all this stuff to moderate the forum. What a terrible job that must be!

Return to “Grip Website & Forum Issues”