Split Screen - please don't avoid it. ;)

Discuss anything related to GRIP's proposed game modes
kingbeandip

Re: Split Screen - please don't avoid it. ;)

Postby kingbeandip » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:19 am

Any word on when 4 player split screen will be implemented? I am literally waiting to buy the game until it has it, and as far as I can tell it doesn't have it yet.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:50 am

Eh funny how different people think :). Other people are reasonning the same with multiplayer. The way I always saw it was; the sooner I support the game, the more I give devs the resources to implement the modes I want ^^

To each is own (but both MP and 4 splitscreen are going to happen. MP already is. It's just a matter of... resources X) )

kingbeandip

Postby kingbeandip » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Queadah wrote:Eh funny how different people think :). Other people are reasonning the same with multiplayer. The way I always saw it was; the sooner I support the game, the more I give devs the resources to implement the modes I want ^^

To each is own (but both MP and 4 splitscreen are going to happen. MP already is. It's just a matter of... resources X) )

Ya, I hear you; I actually thought of that before posting. I am trying to put together games for game nights, and this game looks like a ton of fun for that. I want to support the game, but I still have my own 'resources' to manage. :)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 am

4 player split screen won't be coming until the polishing phase of the game. Like Queadah said, we've got to get online MP working well before we think about more local options
Game Director
GRIP

goodmark

Postby goodmark » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi. When I play the mode of the split screen on 2 players, I have a problem.
1 gamepad and 1 keypad are connected to the computer. Both was defined as controllers for player 1. And settings of a game don't allow me to select the gamepad as the controller for the second player. What shall I do?
Forgive for my English, I from Russia.
P.S. excellent game, steep graphics and entertaining gameplay :-)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:35 pm

hey goodmark, welcome :)

Right now we're having trouble getting the game to assign keyboard to one player and gamepad to another, but we definitely want to have that working for split screen
Game Director
GRIP

Rez

Postby Rez » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:22 pm

goodmark wrote:Hi. When I play the mode of the split screen on 2 players, I have a problem.
1 gamepad and 1 keypad are connected to the computer. Both was defined as controllers for player 1. And settings of a game don't allow me to select the gamepad as the controller for the second player. What shall I do?
Forgive for my English, I from Russia.
P.S. excellent game, steep graphics and entertaining gameplay :-)

I'm having the same problem. Is there a solution for this? Or are they still working on it? I'm eager to play with 2 players like this!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Right now we're having trouble getting the game to assign keyboard to one player and gamepad to another, but we definitely want to have that working for split screen
Game Director
GRIP

Rez

Postby Rez » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 am

Chris_CE wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:Right now we're having trouble getting the game to assign keyboard to one player and gamepad to another, but we definitely want to have that working for split screen

I'll wait in patience then :)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:34 pm

:)
Game Director
GRIP

DriftRacer14

Postby DriftRacer14 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:47 am

Chris_CE wrote:4 player split screen won't be coming until the polishing phase of the game. Like Queadah said, we've got to get online MP working well before we think about more local options

So what you're saying is... Four Player Split Screen WILL in fact BE A THING?!? WHOO! My niece and Nephews are gonna LOVE THIS!
...I need two more controllers XD good thing it's only like $20 for a Logitech F310... but I already have one of those... maybe I'll get a PS3 controller and another controller to chuck into the mix so we can choose which controller we have based on preference...? I'll figure all that out later; four player split screen's gonna be amazing! :mrgreen:
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:22 am

indeed, 4 player is coming ;)
Game Director
GRIP

Sagacity

Postby Sagacity » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:49 pm

What is the current theoretical maximum for local split screen? How about LAN and multiplayer in general?

Return to “Game Modes”