Time Trial Challenging.

Discuss anything related to GRIP's proposed game modes
yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Time Trial Challenging.

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:47 pm

So I have an idea to make time trial not so boring. We could have a system where you can challenge a friend to a time trial challenge. In the challenge, both players race under certain set rules (engine power, track orientation, maybe even car class) and you have a certain number of laps and the best lap or overall time wins the challenge. Instead of having a leader board where it shows times you can never hope to achieve, there could be a leader board where it shows how many matches have been won. Although there has to be a way to prevent two people going at it and grinding for the top spot. It could be done so after a certain amount of matches, you don't gain as many points.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: Time Trial Challenging.

Postby Similii » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:15 pm

They would run at the same time or whenever they want?
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Ah forgot to add that. The challenger would go first make their time then the challenge would race their ghost.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) had a challenge your friends' time thing as well, though I haven't actually played it myself.

I'd appreciate something alike yellowquiet described; basically async multiplayer which can bolster a rivalry between friends.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:12 am

yellowquiet wrote:Ah forgot to add that. The challenger would go first make their time then the challenge would race their ghost.

Or have them race at the same time and just disable collision between cars, with the opponent's car being translucent.
Game Director
GRIP

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:02 am

Chris_CE wrote:Or have them race at the same time and just disable collision between cars, with the opponent's car being translucent.

+1, translucent or transparent with a blue holographic effect to it. I'm being nerdy I know :mrgreen:

Return to “Game Modes”