Team based OFFLINE gamemode idea

Discuss anything related to GRIP's proposed game modes
RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Team based OFFLINE gamemode idea

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:26 pm

I see some people can't wait for multiplayer and already post ideas about team based gamemodes that could appear in it. However I'm going to be original and suggest an offline, team based gamemode! :D
(I've seen something like this long time ago, but can't remember title of the game)
So, the idea is that you have games with 2-3-4 teams (like 5v5, 3v3v3, 2v2v2v2 or unbalaned races (cuz offline doesn't need to be balanced :) ) like 3v7 or something) and the final score is based on the position in the race. I'm sure someone already posted something like that so I won't go into detail about this. However you might be asking "How should we implement this in singleplayer?"
So, in singleplayer you would have 2 keybinds that will let you change the car you're driving. You're taking the one you're currently driving to the first position, then you switch to the next guy and try to move everyone forward as far as you can! (Obviously, if catch up assist is on, that would mean that your cars on first position are going to be a little bit slower, forcing you to sometimes switch to deal with other drivers)
And obviously, when you're not controlling your car the A.I. is going to controll it :lol:
We could also have a simple command to change the way they're using pickups, if we for whatever reason want to keep boost, or shield. It could work like this:
Offensive - A.I. is allowed to use all pickups
Defensive - A.I. is allowed to use mines, shields and EMPs (I'm keeping mines in Defensive since most probably for most of the time the A.I. is not going to have anyone behind him to deploy mines, so we might as well force him to deploy them. Maybe he'll get lucky and hit someone :D (I'm also assuming that team-damage is going to be disabled))
None - A.I. is not allowed to use any pickups
(or something like that :mrgreen: )
So, what do you guys think? (+1 or -1? :lol: )

EDIT 08-07-2016:
I've also came up with an idea of merging this mode into GRIP League, like in the offline missions of Counter Strike: Condition Zero.
We would be able to recruit new drivers for our team. So we would get points for racing and then we can spend them for better drivers. The more expensive they get, the better they are, at keeping their position, using pickups and stuff like that :)
Last edited by RuskiTalib3003 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: Team based OFFLINE gamemode idea

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:56 am

RuskiTalib3003 wrote:We could also have a simple command to change the way they're using pickups, if we for whatever reason want to keep boost, or shield. It could work like this:
Offensive - A.I. is allowed to use all pickups
Defensive - A.I. is allowed to use mines, shields and EMPs
None - A.I. is not allowed to use any pickups
(or something like that :mrgreen: )
So, what do you guys think? (+1 or -1? :lol: )

I would change it a little bit to:
Offensive - A.I. is allowed to use missiles, machine gun and other attack oriented power-up
All in - A.I. is allowed to use all pickups

well it's neat idea so +1
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Team based OFFLINE gamemode idea

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:26 am

Pretty cool, having this as an offline mode as well.

We already plan to have team racing and DM in multiplayer, but this could be something interesting to explore after that's implemented (as multiplayer is coming in the next couple months)
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Game Modes”