(So after some super cereal deliberation with my 9 year old sister we decided to call it Death's Court. cause death + escort led to Death's Court )
- Objective: Disable the Priority Target
- Attackers use Power-Ups to destroy the Priority Target
- Bodyguards/Escorters help fend off incoming Attackers the best they can, aiding the Priority Target/VIP/Escortee reach their destination
- Due to the strategic and battle inducing nature of this game mode, easily accessible boost padded tunnels are placed on either side of the main track so both Bodyguards and Attackers can get back in the action in the case they're veered of course, destroyed, or would like to situate themselves infront, behind, or beside the Priority Target. Note: The Priority Target can not access these tunnels as it would defeat their strategic purpose.
- The game ends when the Priority Target reaches their destination or is destroyed
- In my opinion the Priority Target should be able to use power-ups, but not every single one that the Bodyguards and Attackers have access to (I'm just thinking some Power-Ups such as the speed boost may create an unfair advantage for the attackers. At the same time it could be another tactical tool so it really depends on what you guys would think is best and the power-ups we get in the future).
(Pardon my horrible handwriting)
- Spoiler: show
My inspiration for this game mode came from many other games such as GTA5 and Ace Combat that have escort type missions/modes. This was my take on that mode for GRIP. It's a little vanilla right now but I feel like with the right execution and some great ideas from the community it could become something really cool for the devs to look at and/or get ideas from.
Any and all ideas/feedback are appreciated !