I'm referring to the cinematic camera moving from car to car after the end of an event.
What we have right now:
- the results of the event (place/points etc...)
- every data on screen uses the HUD car style (same font etc...)
- it's static
- GRIP is a pirate TV signal (ref GRIP website story)
- Upon finished event, cam is "cinematic"
- Thus it is no longer necessary to use HUD style font et al
I made a mockup for the Christmas to devs:
I think results would be best displayed in a similar Role Play fashion with "news" in the ribbon below that would enrich the overall background story of the game
- logo and fake sponsors (manufacturers?) like a true TV channel
- Results showing Steam player pictures like a baseball/hockey game (names expanding, animations...)
- anchor voice acting?
- TV jingle sound effect?