Demolition mode

Discuss anything related to GRIP's proposed game modes
Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Demolition mode

Postby Broscar » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Rollcage: Stage II did quite a few things right. One of those things was Demolition mode.

You fight your local co-op partner over who can destroy the most destructible objects in a track (of which there are a lot in Stage II).
Buildings are worth 2000 points, rocks/trees/flares/lamp posts/fences and everything else is worth 200 points.
You can select an amount of time to gather points in, or even set it to end only after all objects are destroyed.

GRIP doesn't have any destructible objects right now, but if those are ever properly implemented, I feel like this mode would be a great addition for local/online multiplayer.
It'd probably need dedicated maps for it though, considering tracks in GRIP are quite a bit bigger than Stage II's.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Demolition mode

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:17 am

In Rollcage Stage 2 you can very quickly brake, change direction and accelerate again.

This mode in Stage 2 is lot of fun, but in GRIP the same thing would be very painful if the track is not adapted to it.
Or the cars would need to be given a bit more punch in acceleration.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:59 am

This makes me think destructing buildings should ALSO bring points in Ultimate mode.
As a result though, it'd make it less relevant to have a dedicated mode on destruction I guess?

In a world where CE has limitless budget, I'd love tons of destructibles on every map only for that idea you have, Broscar.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 am

This is exactly what we want in Ultimate mode, destructibles granting points. Explodable barrels/signs, collapsible buildings, etc

This way, all players have the chance to get points and have fun

I think Que is right in that an additional mode wouldn't make much sense if we implement it in Ultimate
Game Director
GRIP

iamthatiam

Postby iamthatiam » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:19 am

GRIP would benefit from taking some inspiration from Split/Second

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:21 pm

We are ;)

It's just we haven't been able to implement destruction yet. It's becoming higher on the list though
Game Director
GRIP

macgyvernunes

Postby macgyvernunes » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Chris_CE wrote:We are ;)

It's just we haven't been able to implement destruction yet. It's becoming higher on the list though

that's good to know! most objects must be destructuble with a 500km/h jet-car. :D

Return to “Game Modes”