Team Deathmatch

Discuss anything related to GRIP's proposed game modes
Hvolsomt

Team Deathmatch

Postby Hvolsomt » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:46 pm

So I had this idea for a gamemode:

Combatants will be divided into two teams.
A team wins when just one of their cars crosses the finish line.
Weapon pickups will be activated at round two, so the first round will be a race and basically decide who will run for first place on each team. Depending on strategy and number of total players, maybe two teammembers will be "runners".
The rest of the team will become "guardians" and asume their roles of protecting the team's runners.
Not needing to cross the finish line, the guardians can roam the curcuit laying out mines, try blocking the way of the opposite team or keep up try hammering the other team's runner.

Points will be given like in an arena match.
Destruction of cars can be switched on or off (cars will be respawning).
Catch-up is not an option.

When more cars are introduced, some could be more suited for one role or the other.

I think this could be fun and challenging and it seems balanced and worth playing for both runners and guardians - Any thoughts or suggestions? (:

Hvolsomt

Re: Team Deathmatch

Postby Hvolsomt » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:07 am

I quickly realized, of course, that "Team Deathmatch" is not the correct name for this gamemode - Maybe "Hunt" or some like that will be more appropriate ;)

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:14 am

Landvaarder is going to claim his copyrights :P
(we played cats & mouse just last night by the way ;) )

For some reason, no one wrote anything in here to propose this idea though, so going to include this in the list.

But I know that Chris would love to see team-based racing, as he wrote in this post
Chris_CE wrote:Yep, we want to have team-based modes, as it would be a lot of fun. I'm especially excited about team racing, in maybe teams of 4, 3 players each. Each team using a different car manufacturer.

Would be really cool

Same goes for Arena
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Hvolsomt

Re: [LISTED] Team Deathmatch

Postby Hvolsomt » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Although not entirely the same, the ideas are pretty close :b
I just want to point out the importance of the first round, as I mention in my suggestion, to determine the mouse instead of the roles being predetermined.
And I don't really get the "dogs" that Landvaarder is describing - They could maybe be NPCs and an optional setting? :D

Other than that I just hope to see the best of both ;)

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:48 am

Hvolsomt wrote:And I don't really get the "dogs" that Landvaarder is describing - They could maybe be NPCs and an optional setting? :D

Yeah we tried the dogs version one day, it wasn't that successful, since the dogs have no real purpose.
I guess that's just for fun :P
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Hvolsomt

Postby Hvolsomt » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:30 am

Yes, exactly my thought - You need purpose in life ;)
But I think they would be okay as NPCs? Just some arena-style AI that would drive around causing the desired havoc :b

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Game mode idea: Cat and mouse

Postby landvaarder » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:37 pm

So last week in the weekly game of rollcage we played one of our "custom" game modes: Cat and mouse

Basically there are multiple teams with each team consisting of one mouse and one or more cats
Only the mouse can finish for a team and their car is simply downgraded (less speed, acceleration and weight and possibly impossible to use pickups)
The cats need to protect their own mouse and obstruct the other mouses so that their team can win
Since they can't win on their own this means that they can do and use whatever they want, like driving backwards and using missiles to snipe at the other mouses
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: Game mode idea: Cat and mouse

Postby Similii » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:35 pm

I like this idea. Like a lot. Very very lot!
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Game mode idea: Cat and mouse

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:00 pm

landvaarder wrote:So last week in the weekly game of rollcage we played one of our "custom" game modes: Cat and mouse

Basically there are multiple teams with each team consisting of one mouse and one or more cats
Only the mouse can finish for a team and their car is simply downgraded (less speed, acceleration and weight and possibly impossible to use pickups)
The cats need to protect their own mouse and obstruct the other mouses so that their team can win
Since they can't win on their own this means that they can do and use whatever they want, like driving backwards and using missiles to snipe at the other mouses

Actually there's someone who posted a very similar idea one week ago.
Gonna merge the two discussions together

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:03 am

Moved the topic to Game Modes

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Return to “Game Modes”