GRIP Update 1.0.9 is on Steam!

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: GRIP Update 1.0.9 is on Steam!

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:21 pm

When I saw that new shiny texture in Transport tunnels I was like...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pZyGR7rJF8

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:57 am

1.0.9 Bravo

dwbmb

Postby dwbmb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:22 pm

What is new in 1.0.9.1? I can not find any changelog or even mention about this Steam release.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:05 pm

dwbmb wrote:What is new in 1.0.9.1? I can not find any changelog or even mention about this Steam release.

Just a few posts above yours :)

Chris_CE wrote:GRIP has been updated to v.1.0.9.1 on Steam

The low-down:

• Fixed missiles not going through forcefield
  • Increased Dreadnaught top-end speed
  • Quickened transitions between choosing race cameras
  • Transport: smoothed terrain, added various background meshes, improved collision bounds and overall flow
  • Alhatra: smoothed problematic terrain, re-did exit to rock tunnel route, re-did curve before antenna graveyard, various other flow improvements
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

dwbmb

Postby dwbmb » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:19 pm

LOL. THX :D

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:10 am

Any possibility of adding options to make the game (deliberately) look like crap?
I'm aiming for lower resolutions (800x600, anyone?) and higher performance gains on slow/old hardware.
The update seems great, will need to test it. Wishing for the "crap look" option, so the game looks similar to PS1 era, but runs awesome :D :D
Also... wishing for PS4 version soon :D
! ! ! RUNNING THE BEST OS EVER ! ! !

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:37 am

the-GURU-man wrote:I'm aiming for lower resolutions (800x600, anyone?) and higher performance gains on slow/old hardware.

-resx=800 -resy=600 in the launcher options.

Or even better : -resx=320 -resy=240 (never tried it though)

This should give you a significant boost in performance.. At the price of texture quality and maybe some weird HUD not scaling properly :p
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:44 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:
the-GURU-man wrote:I'm aiming for lower resolutions (800x600, anyone?) and higher performance gains on slow/old hardware.

-resx=800 -resy=600 in the launcher options.

Or even better : -resx=320 -resy=240 (never tried it though)

This should give you a significant boost in performance.. At the price of texture quality and maybe some weird HUD not scaling properly :p

I think this might be more useful. Likely to sacrifice the entire UI, but should give you something to work with... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_ ... tion#QQVGA
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 am

I cant launch it with lower resolution than 1024*600 on my notebook even though 1.0.5.0 used to launch in 800x600.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:28 am

TheOnLY wrote:I cant launch it with lower resolution than 1024*600 on my notebook even though 1.0.5.0 used to launch in 800x600.

Do you mean 1024 x 768 ? In which case there is already an option (the 1024 x 768 res is available in-game)

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:08 am

No lowest I can go is 1024x 600 with launch options

Moggeth

Postby Moggeth » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:11 am

1.0.9x MAKES ME SO HAPPY
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Drifting, elimination, insane Dominator handling with just the right amount of give (WIP or not, i'm stoked), slightly higher Dreadnaught speed (still getting used to the big clunky), all the laser barriers I could possibly want to crash into... this feels like a solid milestone patch guys, keep up the great work :D

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:18 am

TheOnLY wrote:I cant launch it with lower resolution than 1024*600 on my notebook even though 1.0.5.0 used to launch in 800x600.

We stripped anything lower than 1024 wide from the resolution list as the game isn't designed to run on such a small screen from a UI perspective. And if you're having to reduce your resolution that much in order to get a decent game experience, then it really is time to upgrade ;-)
Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:23 am

codemonkey wrote:

We stripped anything lower than 1024 wide from the resolution list as the game isn't designed to run on such a small screen from a UI perspective. And if you're having to reduce your resolution that much in order to get a decent game experience, then it really is time to upgrade ;-)

I don't get the point of restricting it if it's just "command line" stuff that are not supposed to be integrated in the game.

I mean, as a player, if you write something in command line, then you know that what you're doing is not what is intended, and you know that there might be unexpected results (UI in particular).

Even if you don't know it - we could imagine there could be a pop-up "GRIP detected that you're launching it in 800x600. We do not offer support for such a low resolution - play it at your own risk." or something like that.

Restricting it (forcing the resolution to be 1024x600 if too low) is just reducing the number of people who can play Grip without having to buy a new PC. Which can be very difficult for some people who are stuck with a potato but would like to play Grip nonetheless.

The 800x600 resolution allowed that at least, and you didn't even have to maintain it since it wasn't directly in the game.

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:44 am

I won't upgrade because I will use it for only 3 more months. After that it is basically a paperweight. With 1024 wide grip runs in "cinematic" 24 FPS :D

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:14 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:
codemonkey wrote:

I don't get the point of restricting it if it's just "command line" stuff that are not supposed to be integrated in the game.

I mean, as a player, if you write something in command line, then you know that what you're doing is not what is intended, and you know that there might be unexpected results (UI in particular).

Even if you don't know it - we could imagine there could be a pop-up "GRIP detected that you're launching it in 800x600. We do not offer support for such a low resolution - play it at your own risk." or something like that.

Restricting it (forcing the resolution to be 1024x600 if too low) is just reducing the number of people who can play Grip without having to buy a new PC. Which can be very difficult for some people who are stuck with a potato but would like to play Grip nonetheless.

The 800x600 resolution allowed that at least, and you didn't even have to maintain it since it wasn't directly in the game.

We didn't realise, but we have inadvertently suppressed the command line stuff. I'll fix that for the next build.
Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:31 pm

codemonkey wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:I don't get the point of restricting it if it's just "command line" stuff that are not supposed to be integrated in the game.

We didn't realise, but we have inadvertently suppressed the command line stuff. I'll fix that for the next build.

Maybe at 320x240 I'll get it to run at more than 8 fps on my Synthesia PC :D

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:39 pm

codemonkey wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:
codemonkey wrote:We stripped anything lower than 1024 wide from the resolution list as the game isn't designed to run on such a small screen from a UI perspective. And if you're having to reduce your resolution that much in order to get a decent game experience, then it really is time to upgrade ;-)

Sorry, I thought it was intentional. Thanks a lot :)

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:32 am

TheOnLY wrote:I won't upgrade because I will use it for only 3 more months. After that it is basically a paperweight. With 1024 wide grip runs in "cinematic" 24 FPS :D

Mine has even more cinematic 16FPS :D
Hail the golden era of silent cinema!

I managed to make it run at 640x400 (widescreen, baby) through launch options. The UI is totally f*cked up, but nevermind. Otherwise, the game runs much more nicely, everything turned off and scaled down, reminds me of good old PS1 games with textures popping in and objects appearing out of the thin air. Very classic feeling! :D And it runs at decent enough framerates.

Before anyone jumps in to tell me it's time to upgrade... this is just a proof of concept and to test whether the game can run on old laptop with integrated Intel HD4000 graphics. The game runs much better on my normal desktop.
! ! ! RUNNING THE BEST OS EVER ! ! !

Return to “Announcements”