The Not So Official Dev Blog

Official Announcements about Grip
User avatar
Hurric4ne
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:50 am

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Hurric4ne » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:46 pm

And of course, today is the day without Internet, argh :/ i hope they fix this soon, not a nice start into the week...
Image

Stofbal
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Stofbal » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Here's the stream ladies and gentlemen:

http://www.twitch.tv/stofbal/

Not streaming alot, so if anything is not working. Please let me know.
And if you have any questions, fire away!

User avatar
ValiantSerpent
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby ValiantSerpent » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Tiakh wrote:
ValiantSerpent wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:Aw shucks guys. You make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Just for the record: Keys will be sent out tomorrow to the emails used to buy the game on our site. So be sure to check the email account that you bought the game with. And check the junk/spam folder! Especially Hotmail users, as Hotmail hates our server (probably because Hotmail sucks ;) )


Is there an estimated time? Preferably for EST time zone

Oh mizore from rosario + vampire appeared. :3 i also liked her the most from all the characters.
Im back from university and waiting patiently for the e-mail :D

PS: it looks like its about time O.O


:D

Stofbal
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Stofbal » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Done streaming now. I wonder if the devs watched a little, haha. Would we awesome. Pointed out some bugs and other things. Will put 'em in the feedback too!
Great stream with awesome people! Thanks all.

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Stofbal wrote:Done streaming now. I wonder if the devs watched a little, haha. Would we awesome. Pointed out some bugs and other things. Will put 'em in the feedback too!
Great stream with awesome people! Thanks all.

Yes it was nice watching you ! Thanks for streaming :)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Tiakh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:39 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Stofbal wrote:Done streaming now. I wonder if the devs watched a little, haha. Would we awesome. Pointed out some bugs and other things. Will put 'em in the feedback too!
Great stream with awesome people! Thanks all.

Yes it was nice watching you ! Thanks for streaming :)

Yeah, i also enjoyed the stream. Lets see when you guys break my record of 1:00.40 (first track). I havent been able to get a better time myself yet :(
I hope the time trail will come up soon enough. so the ai doesnt hinder you so often.

Muskylounger
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Muskylounger » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Great work getting this build out guys! I havent played yet (stuck at work) but Im sure it will be awesome.

Also congrats on the IGN writeup

User avatar
wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby wantfastcars » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:09 pm

Tiakh wrote:Yeah, i also enjoyed the stream. Lets see when you guys break my record of 1:00.40 (first track). I havent been able to get a better time myself yet :(
I hope the time trail will come up soon enough. so the ai doesnt hinder you so often.


I got 1:00.31, but that was with power-ups on. I think the fastest someone has reported was ~56 seconds?
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

User avatar
Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Germany

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Tiakh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:37 pm

wantfastcars wrote:
Tiakh wrote:Yeah, i also enjoyed the stream. Lets see when you guys break my record of 1:00.40 (first track). I havent been able to get a better time myself yet :(
I hope the time trail will come up soon enough. so the ai doesnt hinder you so often.


I got 1:00.31, but that was with power-ups on. I think the fastest someone has reported was ~56 seconds?

Here is now an official thread for best lap times.

And where did you see that time? 56s is very good ^^

Aurilius
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:23 am

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Aurilius » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:57 am

Umm...I feel like I'm the only one who didn't get a key. I only used 1 email for Paypal and this forum account, so it should've came 2 days ago. Help??

Proof: Image

User avatar
CrashedDummy
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:14 pm
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby CrashedDummy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:21 am

Just ask Chris_CE to help you, he gave me my key =)

Aurilius
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:23 am

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Aurilius » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:27 am

CrashedDummy wrote:Just ask Chris_CE to help you, he gave me my key =)

I've just sent him a PM, hopefully he responds soon, because I cannot wait to play GRIP!

User avatar
RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:41 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Is it too late to support? I suported the kickstarter but I havent been on in a while. I finally have cash to toss around now, i've been searching for a link but cannot find it (i dont expect an early key btw)

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:07 pm

RollingGuyMaster wrote:Is it too late to support? I suported the kickstarter but I havent been on in a while. I finally have cash to toss around now, i've been searching for a link but cannot find it (i dont expect an early key btw)

Sorry, it's too late right now :(

You will have to wait until the public release
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
Tazeram
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Tazeram » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:21 pm

RollingGuyMaster wrote:Is it too late to support? I suported the kickstarter but I havent been on in a while. I finally have cash to toss around now, i've been searching for a link but cannot find it (i dont expect an early key btw)


potterman28wxcv wrote:Sorry, it's too late right now :( You will have to wait until the public release


You're not the only one! Bad timing for us to return eh? :lol:

User avatar
StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 pm
Location: Sweden, Karlstad
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby StickyBassline » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:58 pm

You're just a voice pal.

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Ha yeah right. Probably had 10 guys working on those effects :P
Game Director
GRIP

User avatar
StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 pm
Location: Sweden, Karlstad
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby StickyBassline » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:01 am

For quite some time too I bet ^^ That's absurdly good
You're just a voice pal.

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Chris_CE » Fri May 06, 2016 11:14 am

Alright, since you guys are no doubt thirsty for some news on what's going on development-wise:

  • Multiplayer is coming. Adam, our secondary coder, is working hard on implementing net code and interactions between machines. Dave is working away on multiplayer design to make sure it's the best it can be. I'm not going to give you an estimate on how long it will take before multiplayer is ready, unfortunately.
  • Rob is deep in physics source code, as I mentioned in another thread. He'll be in there for a while, so don't expect a new Steam update until at least mid May. Good news is, this is all progress towards better and more predictable driving. There are already considerably less issues with the car catching/clipping on things or bouncing and intersecting with geometry
  • The Norvos track is coming, we're just creating a few important art assets for it before we want to show it to the private group, as it's not very pretty in spots. It will be in the next patch
  • I'm working on a new track on Jahtra that will look quite different than the others. Going for a bit an Outworld (rollcage) vibe. I know you guys are probably waiting for an Orbital Prime track, but that will not be coming for a while, as that planet requires a ton of new art assets.
  • Thomas has started work on another vehicle model, this time a different manufacturer. It will be Speedster class, aka the quickest and most agile class. There is another vehicle in progress being modeled by Simen, which is the same manufacturer, and it's the middle class between speedster and tank. EDIT: But Simen is working on many environmental assets, so don't expect this car all that soon
  • I've redone some of the explosion effects to make them punchier. Hopefully you guys like em

Lots coming! The fact that we're not all that active on the forums right now just means we're working :geek:
Game Director
GRIP

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:57 am

Re: The Not So Official Dev Blog

Postby Similii » Fri May 06, 2016 11:30 am

Chris_CE wrote:Alright, since you guys are no doubt thirsty for some news on what's going on development-wise:

  • Multiplayer is coming. Adam, our secondary coder, is working hard on implementing net code and interactions between machines. Dave is working away on multiplayer design to make sure it's the best it can be. I'm not going to give you an estimate on how long it will take before multiplayer is ready, unfortunately.
  • Rob is deep in physics source code, as I mentioned in another thread. He'll be in there for a while, so don't expect a new Steam update until at least mid May. Good news is, this is all progress towards better and more predictable driving. There are already considerably less issues with the car catching/clipping on things or bouncing and intersecting with geometry
  • The Norvos track is coming, we're just creating a few important art assets for it before we want to show it to the private group, as it's not very pretty in spots. It will be in the next patch
  • I'm working on a new track on Jahtra that will look quite different than the others. Going for a bit an Outworld (rollcage) vibe. I know you guys are probably waiting for an Orbital Prime track, but that will not be coming for a while, as that planet requires a ton of new art assets.
  • Thomas has started work on another vehicle model, this time a different manufacturer. It will be Speedster class, aka the quickest and most agile class. There is another vehicle in progress being modeled by Simen, which is the same manufacturer, and it's the middle class between speedster and tank
  • I've redone some of the explosion effects to make them punchier. Hopefully you guys like em

Lots coming! The fact that we're not all that active on the forums right now just means we're working :geek:

*Hype intensifies*
Could it be possible to have some pictures from the Norvos map? You know, just a few for letting us imagine how is the track ;)
Can't wait for new vehicles!!!
Keep coming the great work guys!! You have all my support!!!
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3


Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron