[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[Suggestion] Phase-out - GRIP Video Game Forum

[Suggestion] Phase-out

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
Prometheus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Suggestion] Phase-out

Postby Prometheus » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:12 pm

This could allow you to become incorporeal for say, 5 seconds, allowing you to pass through other racers (and avoid physical attacks, but not EMP).

The tradeoff would be that you couldn't push other racers or collect pickups.

To avoid players re-forming inside other racers you could either 'maintain' the phased-state until they are no longer in contact, or simply reset the phased player.

I imagine you would look like a glowing-blue net of the vehicle, a bit like the current rear-facing shield.

Good idea? Bad idea?

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: [Suggestion] Phase-out

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Might not be that easy to implement though (only the devs will tell) - but I really like it

Typical situation : boost + phase-out would ensure you would be able to catch everyone without the feer of bumping into them.

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Queadah » Sun May 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Find this one very interesting (along with the pros and cons).

I dare suggest a blue glowy holographic appearance too, just like what the ghost trial car should look like imo (basically exactly that phased-out car since we can't bump into it)

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Mon May 02, 2016 11:33 am

I always bump into people, so...
Worth checking out. +1

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Mon May 02, 2016 2:48 pm

+1 for this.

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Tue May 03, 2016 10:51 am

Sounds interesting. +1
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Tue May 03, 2016 4:53 pm

I like the idea, too. If it's not too difficult to implement or balance it, I'd certainly like to see it.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Wed May 04, 2016 6:56 am

+1 More diversity on the defensive department, yes please.
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri May 13, 2016 10:00 am

+1 for me, too
Game Director

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Fri May 13, 2016 10:52 am

buuut, what kind of magic/technology could make that possible? I dunno if i like it tbh, it sounds a little cheaty.

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Fri May 13, 2016 5:07 pm

I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon May 16, 2016 5:48 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Tue May 17, 2016 7:22 am

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue May 17, 2016 8:13 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sat May 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun May 29, 2016 1:07 pm

lol Broscar

I think now that we've been developing for a while now and seeing what works and what's fun, we're moving further away from realism and things making sense - it's all about the fun factor

That said, I'd still want some kind of background story pertaining to the tech for this
Game Director

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Sun May 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Mon May 30, 2016 10:08 am

Well here is something I found on internet about phasing (this is from Star Trek):

"A molecular phase inverter was a device capable of altering the normal structure of matter, enabling it to pass through normal matter and energy. Such "phased" matter could no longer physically interact with its environment, but could interact with other, similarly-phased matter."

and here is my idea on the subject:
An interdimensional teleport device starts the teleport the car in to an other dimension, but the process stops at closely halfway (the car exist 60% in it's original dimension and 40% in the other) and the car is in both dimension. The reason why the car is still respond normally, because it's still exist in it's original dimension and the planet surface is the last thing the car touched, the gravity is still in effect. (this stuff is :ugeek: )

If someone have a better idea or add to it, feel free to do so.
Science WINS again!!!

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon May 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Mon May 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Science WINS again!!!

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”