[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
My current Feedback (Wall of text) - GRIP Video Game Forum

My current Feedback (Wall of text)

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My current Feedback (Wall of text)

Postby TheOnLY » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:09 pm

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: My current Feedback (Wall of text)

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:46 pm

I think cars should all have the same health.

That the dreadnaught has more strength, and thus reacts better to gattling/mines, it's all fine by me.

But that he has more health, I don't really like it. It feels unfair towards the other cars.

In general, I don't think it's possible to balance the cars both for destroyable and undestroyable - if they are perfectly balanced for undestroyable, as soon as one of them has more health, he becomes the best car in destroyable mode.

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Tathendal
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tathendal » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:24 pm

Regarding destructible cars, gotta say that I love those and always want it ON. Sometimes you get killed "unfairly" (e.g. get a good start and be at 1st, get no shield for 5 pickups and get 1 assassin and 2 scorpions in the butt), but generally works OK. Maybe you could nerf the weapons in terms of damage a bit, or give all cars a little more health? Or do a repair powerup which you get only if less than e.g. 40% of health and it repairs maybe 25%) Also when more powerups implemented, this can be balanced (you dont get missiles all the time when there are more powerups, or make them more rare).
BALANCING is everything ofc. You might want to think ahead the weapon balancing according to laps and player count (with more ppl you get destroyed more easily especially if you are first) so that they are most balanced e.g. with 8 racers and 5 laps. Also assassins and EMPs maybe shouldnt appear in the first lap, unless maybe for last player if (s)he is over 2000m behind. These kinds of things.

Speedbowl is a little boring for classic race, but fits perfectly for ultimate race. You gotta always think if you want to try and get away and gamble getting shields or stick with the pack maybe 2nd place and try to get missiles and gattlers etc this kinda things.

The arcs in Yuri are good IMO, gotta use boost to get over 'em or just let go of gas for a bit to not hit em when coming from the high tunnel. The tunnel enterance following that part is frustrating, but consistently doable with skill. Now, I kinda agree with you but on the other hand I want the tracks to be challenging. I like that I have to actually focus to get a perfect lap, and I like that I have to let go of throttle or even brake if I want to make sure I get the cornering /enterance/whatever right. And from these elements that bring you to full stop comes the balnce between Cyclon and Dreadnaught. I don't want the tracks so that you can go full throttle the whole thing. I like FIC outpost very, very, much too but it is in the edge of being too easy, due to the fact that there are only a few parts where you briefly have to let go of gas and probably 1 part where I use brake (in reverse mode last curves before the road splits and finish line follows). Increasing the height of tunnels I to reduce the collision I totally agree. Transport is fast, too (only couple of spots where I briefly let go of gas and 1 spot where I sometimes brake), but the obstacles are the great thing that make it interesting, so there I disagree with you. Transport reversed jump right after start I like, I like these kinds of things where you can totally f*ck someone with the right timing with powerups (MJAH MJAH MJAH!)

What you say about pickups, I generally agree. My solution to this would be that the pickups could be little less on the track and would often times require you to not take an optimal path, thus making you to choose between pickup and optimal line. That way you would also appreciate the powerup more, and maybe even save it instead of spamming it immediately in hopes to get a better one for just 2 seconds after. Also, the balancing thing. Assassins and EMps could be way more rare (increasing in chance the more further you are from the pack), but as said, this probably will be better once more powerups are implemented.

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:48 pm

Don't get me wrong, I want more tracks that require a good amount of breaking (thats why i love Industrials overall layout, it is nice and tight), but jumps aren't that predictable at the moment and I don't think they will every be. Sometimes the car randomly rotates into a direction while taking off, sometimes it changes its direction while landing.
And crashing in the places I talked about usually causes a pile-up of cars, slowing everyone behind it down.

The destructible car mode is just a lobby-cleaner. People who are destroyed towards the beginning of the race are very likely to leave because watching +5 minutes of a race you cant participate in is boring.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:26 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:35 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:41 pm

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:48 am

Good points Potty and I personally agree (I don't frustrate on exploding 90% time because it is my own fault e.g. because I was reckless, and also I don't mind waiting laps for the race to end especially when the spectating gets better) but I was thinking more like in terms of the majority of players. Adding a bit of health to all cars wouldn't excaclty defeat the purpose IMO, what I meant that it would be only a tiny tad harder to explode a car. Well, I rarely play with Cyclone mostly because it explodes so easily (also low top speed is another big factor). But all cars shouldn't have the same health either. Dreadnaught should be able to take more beating than Cyclone, what's the point in calling it tank otherwise :D and also speedsters can brake and steer more to avoid mines etc. since they are faster to pick up speed again and have better handling etc, that is part of balancing the cars

edit. In the landing you can't throttle or steer unless you want to fly off course or do flips, unless you are perfectly aligned vertically and horizontally and z-axis wisely. In some cases though, you can use throttle to make your car go straight from landing, since the car's mass wants to continue in the direction it is already going. Though sometimes buggy, but this is a feature I very much like in GRIP (as I have stated in numerous threads already) that although being an "arcade" game, the physics are not arcade physics and it actually matters in all scenarios whether you press gas or not or steer or not.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Game Director

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:43 am

omegalucas

Postby omegalucas » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:26 am

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:05 am

The option can be turned off so cars don't blow up. I think when you setup a MP with destructible, you know what you get. Having on top of that an option where you blow up BUT come back to life... meh. I'm with Tathendal.

Again, perhaps it's a good idea to associate blowing up (hard consequence) with a survivors' reward (collecting scraps from the wrecks to craft new parts later?). I"m referring to Rob's original idea: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3479&p=16011&hilit=perk#p15982

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:19 am

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:09 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:58 am

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:19 pm

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:25 am

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:47 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:50 am

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:28 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”