NOTE: For those of you who are using the Private branch on Steam, that version still has multiplayer functionality, but will not have the latest track updates. We are still working on getting a multiplayer version ready with a bunch of fixes
Here is a list of some known issues with this patch (v.1.1.5):
- The menus only support mouse navigation right now. Gamepad support will be coming as soon as possible.
- Vehicle physics can be screwy at times, causing your car to bounce unexpectedly, catch on geometry or spend too much time in the air. We've been aware of these types of issue for a while and have constantly been improving physics as we go. We won't stop until GRIP's cars are a dream to drive (NOTE: The Vintek Warlander is by far the least stable car in terms of physics issues)
- Some users with older PCs may experience lower performance with the last few patches. This is due to us updating our custom Unreal Engine version to 4.12, and not having the time to fully optimize yet.
- For very few users the game may freeze periodically while playing. This is an issue associated with UE4, of which Epic are aware. If you experience this, some possible workarounds can be found HERE or HERE
- Pickups balancing still needs work
- The Vintek Warlander's rim customization currently has Cygon rims, when it shouldn't
- Some users are reporting that pausing the game after finishing an event gets rid of mouse navigation
- Some Vintek sound effects may be louder than other sounds
- Transport: There are a few areas of the map where you can reset outside of the race tunnel and fall into the void.
A list of changes to the racetracks in this patch:
- Smoothed a lot of terrain, lowered terrain in area prior to radio tower so that there is no longer a blind hump
- Improved collision in various parts of the map, most notably the large building near the starting gate
- Improved various areas with new or updated structures and rock formations, as well as included a new ramp spline that allows players to perform a barrel roll/loop-di-loop
- Note: Alhatra's performance has been getting worse, although we've been performing many optimizations. We're looking into this issue
- Completely rebuilt an area of the track that proved frustrating for players. The corner directly after the exit of the first tunnel in forwards has now been replaced with a route that takes you higher up the hill (NOTE: this is still WIP, we will be changing the turn in the tunnel to help produce more corkscrew driving)
- Improved collision in various parts of the map, and updated the collision mesh for the bridge spline
- Removed troublesome obstacles in the tunnels and added more flowing ramp splines that are either there to be dodged or to encourage rolling cars onto their other side
- Added various structures
- Improved first corner on the left route in reverse mode
- Added flag assets as a test to see how they function/look
- Added some ramp assets
- Smoothed various parts of the terrain, including the entrance into the cave tunnel
- Improved collision in many areas, as well as updated rock assets with proper collision
- Added some habitat structures (blue buildings)
- Optimized level overall
- Optimized forcefield asset so it's less demanding on performance
- Improved various AI splines and added avoidance volumes to make AI better at navigating tracks
If you want to give feedback, or need to report any issues, please visit our forum (be sure to check the bugs and crashes lists before posting):
Or you can visit the Steam Page
To all of our players, thank you for supporting us, and we hope you'll like what we've got coming in our next updates!