Custom made tracks, cars, paint jobs, etc

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
FrostyPL

Custom made tracks, cars, paint jobs, etc

Postby FrostyPL » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:53 pm

I know that I would be a distant future, but I'm gonna just suggest this idea.

After seeing SkyTrack I just instantly thought about tools for creating own tracks. I mean it would be really hard for someone to create something like Industrial, but SkyTrack similar tracks shouldn't be that hard to do. I think.

Same about custom cars, UIs and paint jobs. I know that it's easy for me to say, because I wouldn't do anything from this but modders these days are creating true wonders

At some point maybe you should consider introducing Steam Workshop or something like that.

As I said, it's just a suggestion and I know that firstly game must develop more and community must grow.

Keep the good work ;)

SuperLucas335
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Re: Custom made tracks, cars, paint jobs, etc

Postby SuperLucas335 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:28 am

I think that CE is going to release their custom build of UE4 to us, which would have all the GRIP content loaded onto it. We can then be free to do whatever we want, then maybe have a steam workshop thing or something? That's what I think will probably happen

BlackLotus

Postby BlackLotus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:41 pm

A track editor would be a gem... Love TrackMania for it.
But i don't think that this would be added any time soon.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:05 pm

The easiest (see: still hard) solution would probably be to create a UE4 project package with the basic game functionality and relevant assets for building tracks. You would need knowledge of UE4 but we'd try to make it as streamlined as possible.
Game Director
GRIP

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:09 pm

ive been tinkering with unreal engine with my own recently and id love if it was possible to "mod" in tracks with it.
also, if one day modding does become a reality id be interested to make oldschool low poly versions of the cars even if it may not fit in with the modern enviroments of the game (or maybe ill start a huge low poly model project and ruin the way the game looks)

Return to “Suggestions”