Weapon Idea - Electric Smoke

From turbos to missiles, discuss Grip's pick-ups here
agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Weapon Idea - Electric Smoke

Postby agcue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:57 am

Would be cool to have a weapon that obstructs a drivers view/vision.

How about a smoke bomb of some kind? Use it in tunnels or before turns to cause issues for drivers behind you :)

Could combine it with electricity or some kind or corrosive effect to also cause damage to trailing vehicles.

FrostyPL

Re: Weapon Idea - Electric Smoke

Postby FrostyPL » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:10 am

Maybe not causing damage but it can be something like IR smoke, so every rocket passing it will lost it's target.

twisted

Postby twisted » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:28 am

that sounds very good, more credible than the actual EMP deploying miles around. A cloud with electricity that would act as an EMP for a certain amount of time and which would also stop assassins. It would drop behind you rather than attacking also the opponents in front... I like that idea as the EMP currently is more offensive and a little OP. I think we need more defensive weapons and it sounds like the perfect one. And rather than slowing you down it could act like the virus idea for the players with the input controls getting inversed once you enter the cloud of smoke. Driving at 1000km/h without knowing what's going on ahead would be crazy fun. The cloud and electricity could look like a localized storm and affect the UI display like in Redout when an opponent hit you with an electroshock.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:39 pm

Kinda like this smoke idea, but it could kill framerates pretty fast. Would need some balancing as well, for sure
Game Director
GRIP

playabot

Postby playabot » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:59 am

haha well thats a problem for you smart programmers to solve - I'll just keep coming up with the golden ideas!!

And I want lots of smoke...

Return to “Weapons and Power-ups”