Patch 1.2.7 Feedback

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
AsssMaster3000

Patch 1.2.7 Feedback

Postby AsssMaster3000 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:36 am

So I'd been overseas for two weeks and didn't realise there was an update to Grip while I was gone. Coming home to a new track AND two new weapons - slap me silly and call me Nancy - beans are keen to try this out. So I tried them out, on a couple of tracks, different modes, and it got me thinking...

3 Shot Burst:
Love this weapon. When the car bucks after a shot, coupled with SFX, it feels great to impregnate another racer with a debilitating charge. I also like how it can be used as a delayed mine, which is super handy when a trail of competitors are a few seconds behind you. All in all, don't change a thing.

Time warp:
Can't say I remember this from Rollcage, but I really don't like its current implementation. Whenever it's triggered, the gameplay SCREECHES to a halt while the warp effect plays out. Even triggering the powerup it feels more like a de-powerup as it becomes kinda hard to control the vehicle. Either way, it takes away from the balls-to-the-wall race and it wouldn't be missed. The EMP was preferable to the time warp, IMO (though the EMP does need more rarity in pickups).

New Map - District 404:
I think it's a pretty good map and a good way to reuse the assets from Haze. Really like that there are hidden right-in-front-of-you shortcuts, which I felt was lacking from Haze (believe me, I'd jump over barriers to try secret paths... leading to my timely plummeting off the map). Maybe this concept could be repeated in other maps? Also think the short lap time of this map is refreshing and makes for a good quick race.

You guys are doing an incredible job with this game, and I always get excited when a big update comes out. Looking forward to what's in the future!

Ripper Roo

Re: Patch 1.2.7 Feedback

Postby Ripper Roo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 am

100% agree with the new Disruptor powerup which in my opinion breaks the pace of the race. EMP was much better on this point.
Everything else is awesome though especially the Spearhead. Having fun aiming for someone and seeing him exploding a few seconds later :)

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 am

We'll never get out of this:
  • EMP is sh*t, kill it!
  • EMP is dead, yay!
  • **Disruptor (aka time warp) comes in replacement**
  • Disruptor is sh*t, EMP was better!
Rince and repeat

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Queadah wrote:We'll never get out of this:
  • EMP is sh*t, kill it!
  • EMP is dead, yay!
  • **Disruptor (aka time warp) comes in replacement**
  • Disruptor is sh*t, EMP was better!
Rince and repeat

You are overreacting here.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 am

Not at all. You're assuming I took it personally.
I just can understand why the devs could be fed up with our feedback.
Last edited by Queadah on Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ripper Roo

Postby Ripper Roo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:55 am

Queadah wrote:Not at all. You're assuming I took it personally.
I just can understand why the devs could be fed up with out feedback.

It is a forum about giving feedback right?
So I think (hope) that I can give my personal opinion about new content. Deal with it.

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:29 am

Unlike many of our friends here, i kinda liked the EMP as it was at first.
The new Disruptor is really nice with it's visual effect, but i haven't had enough time to play lately to see if i like it more or less than the EMP.

The rest of the game has really improved nicely. More and more nice stuff in the backgrounds and on the tracks, it's really looking great.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:18 am

typo: OUR not "out" in my comment.

Ripper Roo wrote:So I think (hope) that I can give my personal opinion about new content. Deal with it.

You're barking needlessy. It's not me that deals with sh*t, I said DEVS would be right to be fed up with all the contradictive input we all give and I made a sum up.

Spill whatever you wish bro, no one will stop you.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Well the whole issue with EMP is that it slowed your car down, and to a stop sometimes. It kills the momentum. By comparison, the Disruptor keeps you at your current speed so when you come out of it you're going just as fast, plus the effects look freaking gnarly (though I do agree with the sentiment that the effect when using it needs to change - it doesn't feel good). The balancing for it isn't working properly yet, we've got to fix some physics issues and it doesn't look great for the player using it, but all this can be worked on. The first implementation of something is never perfect.

Also, just wait til we have all the cars giving off light trails while in Disruptor mode, it'll look great

Have faith, we'll get there
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”