Kickstarter cancelled - all hail early access!

Official Announcements about Grip
meskalamdug
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Re: Kickstarter cancelled - all hail early access!

Postby meskalamdug » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Greetings from Istanbul,

Don't let kickstarter failure discourage you guys. It's really hard to not buy Grip if you loved Rollcage. I supported as racer and I really look forward to it!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Thanks for the support, new blood :D
Game Director
GRIP

Belmont1
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Belmont1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 am

Hi, I didn't back the kicstarter because I was backing so much projects already XD But then I saw the KS being canceled, then the project going early access, and then I remembered how fun it looked. I never played Rollcage, but I was a huge fan of Wipeout, and the trailer made me think a little of that, with a bit of fury from Burnout/Destruction Derby. So yeah, all games that I love, with more Michael Bay inside. And so I backed to racer level :D (I'm still backing too much games for my own good XD)
A few years ago I backed Road Redemption that promised a lot of arcade fun, and I must say I was pretty pleased, so I'm confident about this project, arcade fun all the way with more fire, explosions and shreds of metal !

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Belmont1 wrote:Hi, I didn't back the kicstarter because I was backing so much projects already XD But then I saw the KS being canceled, then the project going early access, and then I remembered how fun it looked. I never played Rollcage, but I was a huge fan of Wipeout, and the trailer made me think a little of that, with a bit of fury from Burnout/Destruction Derby. So yeah, all games that I love, with more Michael Bay inside. And so I backed to racer level :D (I'm still backing too much games for my own good XD)
A few years ago I backed Road Redemption that promised a lot of arcade fun, and I must say I was pretty pleased, so I'm confident about this project, arcade fun all the way with more fire, explosions and shreds of metal !

You make me remember that I still have to ask David or Rob if Michael Bay actually directed Rollcage :P

If you're a Wipeout fan, you might want to check out Formula Fusion.
It's on Early Access right now, they still have to work a lot on the physics, but it's supposed to be the spiritual successor to Wipeout on PC
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Belmont1
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Belmont1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:47 am

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check this as well. All things reconsidered, I don't know if I want to thank you, this end of summer was crazy with KS and early access T_T

Got_No_Grip
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Got_No_Grip » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:29 am

Glad you're not giving up and i like early access; It worked for Assetto Corsa. But now we have a problem, or merely I, as you found my weak spot. I like when you say "coloured lights and playing disco beats", but i also like "paint balls that splatter on everything". See my dilemma? I haven't found footage of either. How do they look? I mean, i know they're gonna be fantastic, but since i have to make a decision, i need help.

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:37 am

Got_No_Grip wrote:Glad you're not giving up and i like early access; It worked for Assetto Corsa. But now we have a problem, or merely I, as you found my weak spot. I like when you say "coloured lights and playing disco beats", but i also like "paint balls that splatter on everything". See my dilemma? I haven't found footage of either. How do they look? I mean, i know they're gonna be fantastic, but since i have to make a decision, i need help.

Its more about donating the money.
Its more about that for me anyway.

I support a game that I feel will become amazing, and in turn, I get extra bonuses.
Would probably also have gone for the highest tier, even if it was without the mods...

And about not knowing how they would look, thats part of the fun, isnt it?
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5

Postby Tiakh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 am

Got_No_Grip wrote:Glad you're not giving up and i like early access; It worked for Assetto Corsa. But now we have a problem, or merely I, as you found my weak spot. I like when you say "coloured lights and playing disco beats", but i also like "paint balls that splatter on everything". See my dilemma? I haven't found footage of either. How do they look? I mean, i know they're gonna be fantastic, but since i have to make a decision, i need help.

you know that you still get both if you go with the highest tier (splatter). There is no decision to make wether you take one ore the other, you can take both :)

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Tiakh wrote:

you know that you still get both if you go with the highest tier (splatter). There is no decision to make wether you take one ore the other, you can take both :)

Yeah, this. It does say in the Splatter tier that you still get the previous rewards (disco mods, soundtrack, etc). So you have no excuses. NO EXCUSES. :B

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Got_No_Grip
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Got_No_Grip » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:44 am

landvaarder wrote:thats part of the fun, isnt it?

No, i hate surprises ;)

But, i missed that you get all when getting the highest, so decision is made ^^

Thx guys.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:26 am

Ha, I like how the splatter and disco stuff is drawing people in :D

The paintball machine gun will look similar to the mode from Goldeneye, but better quality. The disco stuff will be hilarious, and a nice surprise I'm sure
Game Director
GRIP

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:45 am

Chris_CE wrote:Ha, I like how the splatter and disco stuff is drawing people in :D

The paintball machine gun will look similar to the mode from Goldeneye, but better quality. The disco stuff will be hilarious, and a nice surprise I'm sure

Hey Chris, when do you think we can get a sneakpeak at the disco stuff, I kind of want to see what we're getting before I upgrade my founderpack ;)
You're just a voice pal.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:29 am

Well considering the Assassin missile isn't developed yet (art or code) and our priorities right now are to push the first release to early access, we won't be developing the add-on stuff for a while - I'd say 6 months or more.

Can't give you a preview, sorry :/

We also can't upgrade your pack. We'd need to refund the current purchase and then you can just buy whichever one you like.

Best I can tell you about the disco missile is that it will have flashing and spinning coloured lights that cast onto the area around it, and play some disco-type music (which can be disabled in menu)
Game Director
GRIP

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:27 am

Oh I see, that sounds rather complicated, I'll definitely consider it :)
You're just a voice pal.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:56 am

Chris_CE wrote:Best I can tell you about the disco missile is that it will have flashing and spinning coloured lights that cast onto the area around it, and play some disco-type music

Earth, Wind and Fire please! :lol: 8-)

Muskylounger
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Muskylounger » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:25 pm

To be honest not a big fan about these disco missiles and coloured splatters. I actually wanted to pledge some more to early access but these seemed like bad ideas.

I know Grip is an arcade game but your going to ruin the presence and menacing look of these big hulking machines if they are firing missiles with disco music and flashing lights attached and putting pink splatters on the environment.

The visual style of the trailer was excellent and I feel these additions are going to ruin this look.

Please Chris have a menu option to have more standard missile sound effects and look and replace the splatter with a more realistic decal, just have an option in the graphics settings called 'realistic visual style' something like that

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:47 am

Muskylounger wrote:To be honest not a big fan about these disco missiles and coloured splatters. I actually wanted to pledge some more to early access but these seemed like bad ideas.

I know Grip is an arcade game but your going to ruin the presence and menacing look of these big hulking machines if they are firing missiles with disco music and flashing lights attached and putting pink splatters on the environment.

The visual style of the trailer was excellent and I feel these additions are going to ruin this look.

Please Chris have a menu option to have more standard missile sound effects and look and replace the splatter with a more realistic decal, just have an option in the graphics settings called 'realistic visual style' something like that

You do know the disco missile and the paintball MG are MODS right? Those things you can disable in a menu or remove from the mods folder?
If you're not going to like them, just turn them off.

Most of the people who still play rollcage like this kind of joke that you can use.
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:51 am

landvaarder wrote:
Muskylounger wrote:To be honest not a big fan about these disco missiles and coloured splatters. I actually wanted to pledge some more to early access but these seemed like bad ideas.

You do know the disco missile and the paintball MG are MODS right? Those things you can disable in a menu or remove from the mods folder?
If you're not going to like them, just turn them off.

Most of the people who still play rollcage like this kind of joke that you can use.

It's even been mentioned that they can be disabled server-side, so people hosting online games can choose to disable them.

Though I for one am looking forwards to the silliness of a disco/dubstep missile. :P

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:49 am

@Musky: yeah, as others have mentioned, you can disable the silly style pickup effects in the options menu. Those are just for people who want to have funny races with their friends or during arcade mode against bots.

GRIP's themes and gritty style will stay in tact if you want it to ;)
Game Director
GRIP

Muskylounger
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Muskylounger » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Okay thats really cool. Sorry guys didn't know they were toggleable visual mods. Thanks for clearing it up Chris.

Thats awesome, yea Id like to keep the visual style and maybe just have a mod for extra debris from destruction and impacts 8-)

Return to “Announcements”