I was browsing the game modes arena and using the search button but it seems that nobody suggested CTF?
I havent played the game yet since i am not invited in the closed alpha, however i will join asap when it launches on steam.
After seeing the christmas arena it struck me that having a map like that but elongated with a CTF mode would have been awesome. 2v2 or 3v3, missiles to take the flag carrier down, Driving through the flag picks it up etc etc. Let your imagination take control!
My imagination is as follows:
- a huge, streched out map (racing still being a part of the mode), mostly flat but not road-flat.
- no roads, just simple obstacles, hills, bumps, some towers etc.
- multiple lanes to take ( rush, stealth, shortcut, decoy road... etc), imagine a dota/LoL type of map but you would have to race through the lanes (or jungle) with their base housing their flag and you would have to steal or fight for it, then once aquired run away with the flag to your base asap. The space in between the lanes could be the Jungle/shortcuts and source for powerups.
- A base has tower defenses, you would have to knock the defenses down first or rush past them with shields.
- Working turrets give locations of the enemy team for your minimap.
Im not really sold on the idea of turrets and a base, it could make it more stale, however i also dont know about a complete open map where you can just snatch the flag, this creates too much chaos in my opinion and would wear people out.
What are your thoughts, how would you envision a CTF idea? Does it sound nice at all or am i just rambling :p