Loving the Dreadnought. Especially how it looks at the back and seems to have better acceleration than Dominator from the 450km/h+ range.
Anyway, more concrete feedback:
- I like the differences between the two classes when it comes to handling, though performance wise it seems that Dominator will easily win, even on the high speed oriented tracks. Maybe a slightly bigger difference to their top speed/high-end acceleration could do the trick? (Top speed with Dominator - 753km/h, Dreadnought only 736km/h, with Turbo of course)
- Mirror option is sick. Makes you have to re-learn the entire track basically
- I like the changes on the Transport map, definitely looks, feels and most importantly flows a lot better. Though the bridge part could use some... stuff around it. Every time I pass through there it seems very empty. Oh and you can see the game loading the textures in the tunnel from far away. Just pointing out, I did read the info for that track
- Agree with yellowquiet on the machine gun sound effect. There should definitely be not only spin up, but staying at full revs and then spin down sounds as well.
- Loving the HUD effect whenever a missile is near you. Adds a great feeling that your day (or someone else's) is going to get worse in a second due to an epic explosion
- The AI improved, now it doesn't stop completely whenever there's someone in front of them (at least not as often as before, it can happen once in a rare while), but there's still an issue. It doesn't do anything to avoid other cars. Seems AI still has to go through the "Overtaking Maneuver" part in driving school xD
- Whenever I drive upside-down I have a tendency to mix up the weapons, so maybe an option to flip the weapons on the HUD whenever you're driving upside down in the settings? Some would like it, those that don't can simply leave it alone.
- Really liking the GUI improvements in the menu. Everything is more clear now, I know exactly what is selected the moment I bring up... apart from the track. That white border doesn't... "pop up" enough to make you certain it's the track you actually chosen. Making it Orange should do the trick IMO.
- The reversing insta traction is still there, while accelerating forward has almost none. As in from a stand still of course.
- Cars seem to have less and less force behind them in the impacts against other cars the faster they go. If someone bumps into me from behind, it isn't much of an issue to keep driving and the same stays true when roles are reversed. If I bump into someone while trying to overtake... game over, spin all day long. I would imagine that if I'm going 450km/h+ and there's someone sitting still sideways on the road, I would literally blow him away, especially if I'm driving in a Tank class car.
- General handling over terrain has really improved. I clipped only once while wallriding on Yuri Industry with Turbo on, wild engine power naturally. Now it does feel a lot more that if the car screws up, it's because of my own mistake. Definitely an improvement.
- When driving on gravel, there's definitely too much under-steer. I realise the cars are 4WD, but since I've been playing DiRT Rally quite a lot, I can assure that 4WD cars, heck, even FWD slide when driving on the gravel a lot. Basically on every single corner. Would be nice if this would be improved, so while on the tarmac/concrete, it's the under-steer that is the "main enemy", while on the gravel it's the over-steer. Naturally not something that is beyond all control and happens always, just not a dead under-steer in 95%+ situations like it is now
- Dreadnought weapons seems to have better tracking than on Dominator. Not sure if it's just a placebo effect or it's actually the case though but more often than not the weapons avoided obstacles while firing from Dreadnought, while the same obstacles where hit when using them from Dominator.
Generally speaking, great update. Can't wait to see a car for every class and the Norvos track included as well. Agree on the randomization playlist as well and would be really nice if there would be dynamic weather effects. That would create a track-blowing combination