[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Poll: What game modes would you like to see in Grip? - Page 4 - GRIP Video Game Forum

Poll: What game modes would you like to see in Grip?

Discuss anything related to GRIP's proposed game modes
Tazeram

Re: Poll: What game modes would you like to see in Grip?

Postby Tazeram » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Yeah, i did think about how hard it would be to implement, but i don't think it would be too hard. Fun gameplay is the most important thing for the game, and for the fun to be long lasting, online experience is what makes a game last long.

There are people suggesting hard and unnecessary things to implement like Track Editor. You suggested crazy weather events, and even a Game Mode based on it, which would be really hard to code for too!

I'd much rather see time and effort go into a diverse range of race tracks and environments, yes, but Arena mode should be next on the list. I think if 'Grip Soccer' could be made to be really fun online, then i would see it as a reasonable stretch goal. At least, i put it far before things like Track Editor. We don't need that IMO.

I do think 'Grip Soccer', and more importantly 'Arena mode', would be something which makes the game a number of times more fun and longer lasting in the online community, and thus very important modes to think about implementing and putting forward above other possible 'stretch goals'.

Combat against your mates online? Yes please. Who wouldn't turn that down. Especially if there is tournaments or league tables in itself. It could make people addicted to the game more than track mode itself! :lol:

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:50 pm

It makes it fun, but it's not the only thing that makes game last long. ONLINE overall, not only what you want, like arena and soccer. but normal gamemodes and custom maps aswell.

I know its hard to implement weather condition and hazards. It's my own dream that someday a game like that will be made.

I had to discover GRIP in the time when it all just begins, so I can share all my imagination and hope for something from it to happen. Wish I could be a level designer for the game as I was making maps on source for 5 years+.

But I have to Work on the Job I have right now. Maybe someday I will make My own game with My own Ideas in mind.
Last edited by 0Blueaura on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tiakh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Muskylounger
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Muskylounger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Soccer/football is a great idea! Rocket League is like the most popular game on PS4 right now. You could have similar arenas but with more opportunities for driving upside down, a few destructible items on the field , and weapons!

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:53 pm

I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

SuperSomariDX

Postby SuperSomariDX » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:39 am

It took some clever brake play, and some logical thinking on how you can zip around that track fast enough, without falling off or screwing up. I liked it honestly.
RollCaged and ReStaged.

One insane ride that will force you to Grip onto your seat.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:39 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Game Director

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:33 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Stage III

Postby Stage III » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:22 am

Add Elimination and Scramble from RC2.
Add those first then other modes such as Subsonic!

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 am

Last edited by Tazeram on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jpg3D

Postby Jpg3D » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:30 am

I would really love a destruction gamemode. Just a place where you have to rush and destroy everything you see in a short period of time.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:24 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Game Director

RacR268
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RacR268 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:10 am

Will there be an optional game mode for Total Racing? I really enjoyed this option in RCS2 as even if you were having a bad race and knocked back by opponents you had the opportunity to turn it around by blasting your opponents to gain points. That said it would have to be balanced in a way that you could earn more points by finishing a lap ahead of the opposition and less points for weapon hits to avoid people cheating by staying in the middle and continuously scoring hits.

One thing I found in RC1 was that it was very hard to catch up if you got screwed up at the start of the race and lost control of your car. Rarely was I able to catch up and I got quite frustrated when I had to keep replaying a league. :)
My Channel:

hawe-me

Postby hawe-me » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:16 am

Hi guys :) I would like to see some cup mode....

TOURNAMENT MODE/CUP - points system, you can create your own combination of tracks and type (race/elimination)
GRIP WISHLIST
:arrow: WEAPONS: Oil Slicker, Smoke Screen, Saucer Drone
:arrow: GAME MODES: Tournament/Cup Mode
:arrow: HUD SCREEN: Map, Racers Positions top 4
:arrow: VEHICLES: Characters-based or Teams (like Wipeout)

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:32 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:31 pm

+1 hawe-me.

Return to “Game Modes”