Merry Christmas to the GRIP dev team :D

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Merry Christmas to the GRIP dev team :D

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:34 am

Eurox wrote:I dreamed about game like this.

ctmaszek wrote:"Stick" to the plan. best wishes from hungary.

TheOnLY wrote:Merry Christmas and have fun GRIPping gift warp apart :)

Whitesnake wrote:Hi devs, thanks for this awesome project, keep your strenght to push foreward

Elimination mode allways make my day :D

JoshG273 wrote:Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year, one hopefully with more great
tracks, cars and jet fuelled action than ever! All the best, JoshG273

Kerake wrote:Merry christmas! Hope you guys have an awesome new year and that the Caged Element team can make this game the masterpiece everyone know it will be :D Good luck and keep it up! ;)

StickyBassline wrote:Grip was the very first thing I supported on kickstarter and I looked forward to it's release for such a long time, and in the end it was all worth it. It is still my favorite racing game even though it's beta stage. Keep doing what you believe in Caged element!

The Sudden Silent wrote:Merry Christmas everyone
Thank you for the past year.
i wish good quality updates on next year.

maniamaster wrote:Merry christmas everyone! I am eternally grateful for this project to exist and you deserve mad respect to have crafted such a wonderful piece of media with such a small dev team.

Django wrote:Hope you all had a nice Christmas with youre loved ones. I just want to use the opportunity to thank the dev team for being the best early access developer i have seen so far. I wish you that you will be able to make it the game you want to make. Keep up the great work.

I wish you a big growing player base and a happy new year 2017 for Everyone. :D

May you all start with a blast, always run high on boast and be one inch on top when it matters.

Gaunt wrote:Thanks to all the developers at Caged Element for proving real game
devs still exist and a labour of love is still viable in the
post-cynical world!

wantfastcars wrote:I just want to thank Chris and everyone at CE for recreating one of my favorite games from my childhood. It's spectacular so far and I can't wait to see how development continues and improves through the next year and onward! Merry Christmas guys, and thank you for one of the best gifts I've had in a long time.

gullydj wrote:Merry Christmas
and thanks for creating the only game that I know is in my library today and will probably stay there for a long long long time. and all the best for the new year.

psppwner300 wrote:Tell Chris I said thanks for patiently putting up with my questions about the Linux version and whatnot, for his active role in the forums, and for keeping it cool when certain folks blatantly criticize the game and don't take a look at the bright side. Also, a big thanks to the rest of the dev team for their hard work, despite being critically low on funds. I might actually buy a few keys.

Tathendal wrote:I want to just say that I admire you guys very much for making this game reality and I am really glad that you are doing it. Even though making it is something you feel passionately and also probably (or hopefully) fun for you, please, give yourself a proper break on Christmas, take a good rest, eat well, give time to your loved ones and don't stress about GRIP. Trust me, you have deserved that! Merry Christmas!

-Tathendal

P.s. Here is a very little present for you, Abe's Oddysee which is a game that I like very much because of its atmosphere, if anyone of you wants it here is a steam key for it:
Potty edit: steam key directly sent to Chris

Admeet75 wrote:Wow! What a year it has been for GRIP. So may great updates and the game has come so far from it's first ever build! While the suggestions, bug spotting, or just general discussions about this game mainly spawned from this forum and it's members, the absolute driving force for implementing them into the game has been handled brilliantly by the Devs. I cannot thank you all enough for creating what has to be my favourite racing game right now (even if it is not yet finished, it still delivers terrific results). So to our brilliant Devs, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. You've made 2016 a cracking year for this game, now let's make 2017 even better!

Cybruiser57Péter wrote:Merry Christmas from Hungary <---(thanks I'm not hungry ;))
I hope you get White Christmas (because we don't) and happy New year.

christmas_doom_by_vaneetra on Deviantart

Silverviolet wrote:I suppose I oughta add my two cents, even though I haven't been entirely active here :p

I am truly so appreciative and thankful that there's a team out there working to revive a game that meant so much and was a big part of my childhood. Not only that, you all are actually improving it while staying true to what made the originals so great, something that many devs that aspire to but never quite achieve.
GRIP and the team working on it are quite literally a dream come true. One of those times where in the back of your head you know it'd be awesome if someone came along and brought one of your favorite games back from the dead, but never actually believed it would happen.
Thanks for all that you've done and continue to do. You're the best people for the job! <3

-Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc. May 2017 see a new dawn of true skill-based combat racing!

Similii wrote:Dear Caged Element, thank you, thanks a lot, that's been more than a year now that I play the game and interact with you on the official forum (would have post it on the forum normally but, well, no computer for now but anyway) and I'm always impressed with how you are involved into your project and how you manage to make the game better and better at each update!
I hope you will have a great Christmas and I'm sure the 2017 year will be yours!
Merry Christmas to all the team!!

NecroWolf12 wrote:Rollcage stage 2 was one of the first games I got when I got my PS1. I had soooooo much fun playing it for hours and hours. Since it's a game that for various reasons doesn't come up in discussions about games of that era, I wasn't aware that there were so many people who loved Rollcage as much as I did, so I'd accepted that we'd never get any sort of follow up. But now we have GRIP! And so far it's great! So I'd like to give a huge thank you to the team at Caged Element for setting out to make this game. I really appreciate it and wish you all the best of luck for the game's development. Your dedication to something you're passionate about is inspiring.

Happy Holidays!

RollingGuyMaster wrote:Dear grip dev team

I cannot thank you guys enough for the making of grip, ever since I discovered roll cage as a child I searched far and wide for another racer just like it. It was only until a few years ago that I found out some old nerds made a proper PC port of a game. The dedication and passion for an old game was shared with a small community and now the very same people get to do it all over again. If it was not for the devs, us other nerds would have never found that game we've been looking for. So I thank you all for making this story have a happy ending and I want to let you know that we all appreciate the opportunity to follow you through this adventure.

Sincerely, RollingGuyMaster

Ryu Makkuro wrote:We know we sometimes act like a douche,
but we just want the game to come out with a whoosh.
Each one of us with a new idea,
which makes the forums look like a diarrhea.

We appreciate that you work tirelessly through nights,
desptie there being little new in sights.
Even though we argue at times,
we trully support you in all the climbs.

The moral of this story being,
that we really want this game in all the wellbeing.

HikikomoriGamer wrote:You guys made a awesome game and as the time passed it just got even better it's beautiful to see a small team do this! You may not have the big budget but you got the skills and passion so never give up and always try to make a game that will put even big companies to shame! No pressure right? See this was supposed to make you guys feel better and I failed :(

Anyway keep up the good work and enjoy your time of rest in this ending year. Here is a little something I drew for you guys and poured all my love into it! I'm confident that my drawing skills are better than my writing ones! What you guys think?

Pretty good huh? And remember to print it and keep with you all the times so you can feel my grossly incandescent love and get motivated at all times :)

Sigrid wrote:What could i say to the GRIP dev team? Well... first of all, a big thank you to them all, because they are making an amazing game that not only looks good but is also a lot of fun to play.

They're really great about communication on the forum, Chris spends a lot of time answering to us all, when i'm sure he already has a lot of work to attend to, so that's very nice of them to take care of us like that.

And most of all: i hope they have a good time for Christmas with their families, and a happy new year too! Work may be important in life (especially when you do something with passion, which i'm sure the devs do), but family always come first! ;)

Icyclez wrote:My first experience with Rollcage was over ten years ago, when my mom bought me Rollcage 2 for the ps1. I kid you not that game became my all time favourite. I've never had as much fun with any game as I have with that. Sure it has its flaws but to me it was a perfect game that delivered some of the most satisfying moments in video games. I remember getting a sick freeze ray hit and just watching through the full replays to see that moment again. And I remember how satisfying it would be to finally completely that scramble map that was just so hard to beat, and how cool it felt getting through it.

What you guys are doing with GRIP is incredible. It honestly almost brought me to tears seeing that it was being brought back by some of the original developers. You guys have been absolutely KILLING it with GRIP. I cant put into words what seeing my favourite game being reborn into what's turning into an even better game feels like and I seriously thank you for that.

Hope you guys have an amazing holiday and I wish you all the best of luck on your journey with GRIP, we're all behind you!

Cheers!

Dragonoïde wrote:Dashing through the snow
In a one armored car
Over the track we go
Racing all the way !
Missiles in the sky
Shield depleted, crap !
What fun it is to ride and sing
a racing song tonight !

Thank you for this awesome game you've brought back from our childhood memories and all the work you've done, and all the incredible things you will bring on it in the future.
You can always count on our support
:D and as we say in my country "Joyeux noël à vous tous!"

potterman28wxcv wrote:Dear CagedElement,

Two years ago I would have never thought that one day, a spiritual successor to Rollcage would be there, and yet there you are. Despite the Kickstarter failure as well as the many difficulties you have faced, you just keep going. Slowly but steadily, step by step, we are watching GRIP becoming alive.

No matter what will be the result, I'm proud to have stepped into your hype train. Out of all the indie developers out there, you deserve a damn lot of kudos. Because the task is huge - and despite that, you're still managing somehow (black magic ?) to develop an Early Access product in which I already spent 136 hours in it, and had a lot of fun with it already.

@Rob: I got a few dusty tomes of black magic, one of them is called "A Beginner Guide to the Dark Arts". I can send you a copy of it if you'd like. More seriously, you've done an incredible job with the physics so far, and being able to pass through the frustration is an incredible skill that you have. I do not doubt that one day physics will be great :-D we're getting closer and closer! Thanks a lot for making GRIP possible

@Chris: It's not easy being both a developer, a manager and a staff representative at the same time, but you did a great job at it so far. You're clearly doing the best you can, and even though at times we've got a bit of criticism, we do not forget that without you, GRIP would not be there in the first place. Also, without you, we wouldn't have all these interactions with the community that are so essential to GRIP :) And just look at how far you've come - from the very basic barely playable prototype that was shown in the Kickstarter, now you've got a solid game (or close to). Physics are definitely getting there, MP as well, now the only thing that is going to be missing is content. You have all my cheering support and kudos :)

@Jeff: I love your maps <3 I think there should be more nudes though.

@Adam: thanks to you, we got a basic multiplayer functionality. It might be very barebones, but it allowed us to have a first glance at what multiplayer would be like in GRIP (spoilers: it's gonna be badass). Thanks a lot man ^^

@everyone-else-that-i-forgot-to-cite: thanks guys for bringing one step closer the GRIP dream :)

Merry Christmas to all! Love you devs <3
potty

Queadah wrote:Hey CE,

Queadah here, Potty had this good idea so I thought I'd drop a note too.

I'm reaching my 30s but I'll let the inner 13 year old kid speak instead.

A massive thank you for what you're doing! You sure heard me whine, shout, scream left and right,

but I'll be with the others right behind you. I poured hours playing at night and early morning on RC.

I even used to put a blanket on the screen, my brothers' head an mine so the light wouldn't alert my parents. Sound turned off.

Now the adult.

I already have a massive fun with your work! And I expect my kids to have the same with GRIP, blanket and all, so I can shout at them in anger in the morning (façade for the wifey)... and be proud in the inside they found the game worth indulging in the same guilty pleasure ;)

Q

Queadah (bis) wrote:My turn :) Keep going Caged! Whatever the doubts and pain, there's no word to describe the job you're about to pull off!
The combat racing genre rests on your shoulders!

(This is totally how race results should appear btw - better than with the car UI ^^ - more of a TV style!)

Raion wrote:I have a hard time understanding human emotions and interactions, the useless repetition of daily niceties that are required for social situations to work, frankly, drives me mad. Tacit understanding is my thing. I exchanged a glance with you, therefore I acknowledge your presence, no need for salutations. I'm not criticizing you, therefore I'm approving or don't care, either way there's no need to communicate it. Somebody else has already expressed opinions and observations that are my own, therefore I don't need to weigh in myself.
That said, I'm being told this is not how humans work and that positive reinforcement is needed to keep motivation and focus, as well as generally help soothe one's spirits, so here it is:

I appreciate your work, and look forward to see it brought to completion successfully.

I haven't been one of the most active or helpful members of this community; indeed I am a fair weather player, coming back for a new update, savouring the novelty and my interest trailing off until the next round. Still, Steam tells me I have played over 35 hours of Grip even in it's early state, which is enough to place it on the top 10 most played games in my Steam library. Even in it's unfinished state I enjoy it, is what I'm trying to say by distancing myself by use of raw stats.

I was initially brought on by force of Rollcage's nostalgia, as I'm sure you'll be sick of hearing by now. It is a shadow you cannot escape, and -my initial expectations- what I really wanted was basically just a Rollcage remake/port for modern computers. I am hugely appreciative of the work put into Rollcage Redux, but a modern engine with proper framerates, alt tabbing, netcode and various bells and whistles, that was a project I was ready to back. And so I did.
Needless to say that is not what this project is for. Grip is striving to become it's own game and I respect that, even in choices I disagree with.

I am invested in the future of Grip. Well, of course I am, I backed it, so I am technically invested in the product I backed. But I've already gotten 35 hours of that product already, I suppose, so now I am emotionally invested. I like Grip. I would love to see it reach it's goal, and possibly beyond.
That is why I took the time to write this, even as I am perplexed by the mechanics of it.
It is a show of appreciation and support to be reminded of in times of hardships and uncertainties.

... all of that being said, I had intended to quickly sketch a crestfallen dev sitting at his workstation, facing a deluge of improbable and unrealistic expectations/demands by the community... but that's way too much effort, the tablet is all the way over theeeeere.
So pretend the sketch is in this box:

VooDooQky wrote:Full letter here

Art by durimaster

Art by HikikomoriGamer

Art by Mik1

Art by 0BlueAura

Art by Silverviolet

Art by Queadah

Art by TheSuddenSilent

Merry Christmas to the GRIP development team!!
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Merry Christmas to the GRIP dev team :D

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:36 am

If you are late to the party (didn't receive my mail or forgot to reply), feel free to write below your Christmas wishes :-)
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

The Sudden Silent
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby The Sudden Silent » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:19 am

Merry Christmas everyone
Thank you for the past year.
i wish good quality updates on next year.
Attachments
GRIP SANTA.png
GRIP SANTA.png (57.95 KiB) Viewed 8058 times

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:52 am

My turn :) Keep going Caged! Whatever the doubts and pain, there's no word to describe the job you're about to pull off!
The combat racing genre rests on your shoulders!

(This is totally how race results should appear btw - better than with the car UI ^^ - more of a TV style!)

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:08 am

More messages from fans :)

JoshG273 wrote:Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year, one hopefully with more great
tracks, cars and jet fuelled action than ever! All the best, JoshG273

And added SilverViolet's fan art to the list :)

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

NecroWolf12
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby NecroWolf12 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:23 am

Forgot to reply to the email so I'll leave a message here.

Rollcage stage 2 was one of the first games I got when I got my PS1. I had soooooo much fun playing it for hours and hours. Since it's a game that for various reasons doesn't come up in discussions about games of that era, I wasn't aware that there were so many people who loved Rollcage as much as I did, so I'd accepted that we'd never get any sort of follow up. But now we have GRIP! And so far it's great! So I'd like to give a huge thank you to the team at Caged Element for setting out to make this game. I really appreciate it and wish you all the best of luck for the game's development. Your dedication to something you're passionate about is inspiring.

Happy Holidays!
"Hollow the leader"

maniamaster
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby maniamaster » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:30 am

Merry christmas everyone! I am eternally grateful for this project to exist and you deserve mad respect to have crafted such a wonderful piece of media with such a small dev team.

Kerake

Postby Kerake » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:20 am

Merry christmas! Hope you guys have an awesome new year and that the Caged Element team can make this game the masterpiece everyone know it will be :D Good luck and keep it up! ;)

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:37 am

Added Similii and gullydj

Similii wrote:Gosh forgot to send you a mail Potty T_T wiil do it here then!

Dear Caged Element, thank you, thanks a lot, that's been more than a year now that I play the game and interact with you on the official forum (would have post it on the forum normally but, well, no computer for now but anyway) and I'm always impressed with how you are involved into your project and how you manage to make the game better and better at each update!
I hope you will have a great Christmas and I'm sure the 2017 year will be yours!
Merry Christmas to all the team!!

gullydj wrote:Merry Christmas
and thanks for creating the only game that I know is in my library today and will probably stay there for a long long long time. and all the best for the new year.

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:43 am

Thanks everyone. You guys are the best. I can't imagine many other communities do this for their game's devs.

It's been a very hard year in many respects, but I think it's been worth the struggle, both to see what we've accomplished, but also to have such a passionate and dedicated community to help us along the way. We are truly grateful.

As much as I may disregard or shut down suggestions from people sometimes, the feedback is always appreciated, and I always take it to heart. Sometimes it can be overwhelming and discouraging (I'm only human :P) but it's mostly constructive discussion on these forums that aids us in developing the game the best we can.

Cheers to a great 2017, where GRIP will become a feature and content rich game with a great multiplayer community and longevity to keep the races going... and continue to have such a great community
Game Director
GRIP

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Merry Christmas everyone! :D And cheers for a promising 2017
You're just a voice pal.

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Hope you all had a nice Christmas with youre loved ones. I just want to use the opportunity to thank the dev team for being the best early access developer i have seen so far. I wish you that you will be able to make it the game you want to make. Keep up the great work.

I wish you a big growing player base and a happy new year 2017 for Everyone. :D

May you all start with a blast, always run high on boast and be one inch on top when it matters.

Silverviolet

Postby Silverviolet » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:11 pm

I suppose I oughta add my two cents, even though I haven't been entirely active here :p

I am truly so appreciative and thankful that there's a team out there working to revive a game that meant so much and was a big part of my childhood. Not only that, you all are actually improving it while staying true to what made the originals so great, something that many devs that aspire to but never quite achieve.
GRIP and the team working on it are quite literally a dream come true. One of those times where in the back of your head you know it'd be awesome if someone came along and brought one of your favorite games back from the dead, but never actually believed it would happen.
Thanks for all that you've done and continue to do. You're the best people for the job! <3

-Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc. May 2017 see a new dawn of true skill-based combat racing!

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:59 am

DAMN IT!!! I ready the e-mail to late so didn't come up with something good :(

Well ahm... Merry Christmas from Hungary <---(thanks I'm not hungry ;))
I hope you get White Christmas (because we don't) and happy New year.

christmas_doom_by_vaneetra on Deviantart
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:52 am

Thanks again for all the nice wishes guys. :)

We've gotten some traction on Steam a bit this month with the winter sale, which is nice. Much better than last month, which was our worst sales month yet :O

We're looking to market the game more early in 2017
Game Director
GRIP

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 pm

I can help with that ;)

maybe another trailer? some graphics? i recently had 3 months training at e-commerce mainly from graphic designing for banners and all that fun. its really boring, but i would be glad to help GRiP and nice people from the crew and community
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:26 am

Just released a trailer ;) You already know that though

You're free to make trailers or promo stuff at any time, I welcome it
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”