[LOGGED] GRIP can't exceed monitor native resolution

Post any bugs here that you experience with running GRIP.

Please USE OUR BUG REPORTING TEMPLATE, or your thread might be reformatted or removed.
Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

[LOGGED] GRIP can't exceed monitor native resolution

Postby Broscar » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:36 am

Some monitors report a lower native mode than their actual native display resolution, because f*ck it we're special snowflakes.
Recent example from a user that ran into this issue:

Code: Select all

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: LCD TV
         Monitor Id: ___9000
        Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.366Hz)

GRIP can't exceed 1360 x 768 on this system as of the most recent version (1.2.0), even though it's a 1080p display.
An added benefit to exceeding native resolution, would be the ability to downsample GRIP. This should also be the easiest method to debug this issue and any changes to it.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: [LOGGED] GRIP can't exceed monitor native resolution

Postby Broscar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Doublepostttt.

Users might be able to force their television sets to reports a different native resolution, fixing the issue on their end.
Let's face it, ain't no developer got time to be looking at old ass bugs. And truth be told, this isn't really a GRIP issue, more of an incapable manufacturer issue.
Disclaimer: I have NOT been able to test this myself because my monitor reports a correct native resolution.
Messing with CRU can mess up your display. Do not touch it if you're not comfortable with diving headfirst into technical mumbojumbo.
If it works on your system, please make a thread on Steam to report your success and I'll make it an official unofficial solution.

Read the forum page for CRU and download the program.
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
Do all this 'cause I ain't got time to be making 10 screenshots ayy lmao :mrgreen:
http://broscar.nl/permanent_files/cru_native.webm

Return to “Bug Reports”