Dynamic Pause Overlay

Talk about anything you want regarding GRIP's gameplay mechanics or features (that can't be covered in other forums)
playabot

Dynamic Pause Overlay

Postby playabot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 am

I’ve talked a bit about ways that systems can be implemented to help educate the player subtly (and less subtly) and I think that there may be one more - to help GRIP players new and (like me) less observant.

The problem I’m looking to solve here will only be a problem if weapon icons are not distinct enough to inform the player as to the weapons function - and if ‘stacking’ (#pleasedon’timplementstacking) ads to the complexity of things. I found this was a problem in RC2. Firstly, ‘what am I holding, I can’t tell,’ and secondly, ‘oh crap its flashing, now what does it do’. After playing the game for a long time now I still don’t instinctively know what I’m carrying and what to expect when I use it in its various stacked modes. I feel like I need to have the manual next to me :shock:

So I suggest a dynamic pause overlay be added to GRIP's pause screen. By this I mean, pause the game during a race and up pops a description (stylishly) over the slot of the weapons currently being held reminding the player of its function.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Dynamic Pause Overlay

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:55 am

Not a bad idea playa
Game Director
GRIP

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: Dynamic Pause Overlay

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:28 am

+1
This one really helpful, but i see it's only going to work with Single player mode.
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Return to “Game Features”