New car, new track, new weapon, crash fixes, other improvements - GRIP v.1.2.5

This forum is designated for PATCH NOTES and other official information
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

New car, new track, new weapon, crash fixes, other improvements - GRIP v.1.2.5

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:18 pm

First, some footage of the new and exciting stuff in this update!
http://www.cagedelement.com/grip/video/Patch125.mp4
-
Be sure to join our Discord channel to talk about GRIP and coordinate multiplayer matches with other players!

-------------------------------------------------------
List of changes/additions in this patch (v.1.2.5):
-------------------------------------------------------

• NEW VEHICLE - Eversor: a slick looking mid-class car made by the Cygon manufacturer
  • NEW WEAPON - Hydra: this swarm of missiles can pack a real punch. Just be sure to let them deploy before lining up your target!
  • NEW RACETRACK - Thermophobia: Did you know a volcanic cave inhabits the center of the mountain in the racetrack "Acrophobia"? ;)
  • FIXED some MULTIPLAYER CRASHES - Online games are now more stable, and players should be able to play for longer without issues.
  • Missile navigation vastly improved - Firing missiles of all kinds should be a much smoother experience
  • "Transport" track: Removed obstacles in forwards mode to make a truly easy track (WIP - some obstacles will be added back). Changed lighting as well. Reverse version remains the same, but difficulty changed to "normal"
  • "Haze" track: Added more assets, improved building detail, increased overall performance
  • Various racetracks: Smoothed terrain, improved flow, Assassin and AI pathing
  • Better UI support for various resolutions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List of some known issues with the current version of the game (v.1.2.3):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Multiplayer:
  • Sometimes the game can crash or say network error in multiplayer, but hopefully this is rare. We are still looking into this issue.
  • Occasionally the menu may get caught in a loop when trying to quit from a lobby. Force closing the GRIP process is the only way out. This is being investigated
  • We're still working on the sync between players, so you will see some lag and cars jittering
  • Sometimes the scoreboard can display the wrong positions for players. This is most frequent when destructible vehicles is enabled
  • On rare occasions, the game can put you in a single player race instead of taking you from the lobby to the multiplayer event. Again, we're looking into this
  • The scoreboard is not toggle-able if you retire/DNF
  • You cannot switch between cars while spectating, but will be able to in a future patch
  • XP is not yet properly tracked for multiplayer events

Other:
  • Vehicle physics can still be buggy at times, causing your car to bounce unexpectedly, catch on geometry or spend too much time in the air. We've been aware of these types of issue for a while and have constantly been improving physics as we go. The current version of the game is the most stable it's ever been and will only get better
  • The menus only support mouse navigation right now. Gamepad support will be coming as soon as possible. Keep in mind that we only have one coder on this project and many tasks to accomplish!
  • Some users are reporting that pausing the game after finishing an event gets rid of mouse navigation
  • EMP is going to be improved and much less frustrating, so don't worry, it will be less annoying ;)
  • The Carkour map "Jobsite" has been removed until we determine why it won't load properly
  • Foliage has been removed from Yuri Industrial because of an issue where using foliage corrupts the map file. Hopefully we'll be able to use the foliage tool again later in time
  • HUD indicators for lap times, weapon hits, and abilities will be improved over time

----------------------------------------
Things coming soon in future updates!
----------------------------------------
  • Full gamepad support
  • Garage unlocks (new tires, rims, etc)
  • Full player stats tracking
  • A new track on Jahtra
  • Multiple new tracks on Orbital Prime
  • A new arena
  • Improved, less frustrating EMP

If you want to give feedback, or need to report any issues, please visit our forum:
forum.cagedelement.com

Or you can visit the Steam Page

To all of our players, thank you for supporting us, and we hope you'll like what we've got coming in our next updates!
Game Director
GRIP

CrashedDummy
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Re: New car, new track, new weapon, crash fixes, other improvements - GRIP v.1.2.5

Postby CrashedDummy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Thermophobia is a very good track ! It's really cool to drive in a volcano ! Well done !
Hydra was clearly the missing weapon to make GRIP the real Rollcage 3.0 =)

Quick question : in Rollcage, launching the hydra againt a missile or assassin at the right time could make it explode in front of our vehicle without taking any kind of damage. Will it be possible in the future to launch missiles backward ? (or is it already ?)

Little bug I've experienced : On Haze track, the road reflects the vehicle in a strange way, it's like if I have my vehicle, it's reflection and another faded reflection. I haven't been able to take a screenshot of it yet.

playabot

Re: New car, new track, new weapon, crash fixes, other improvements - GRIP v.1.2.5

Postby playabot » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 pm

+1 for thermo - that epic wall ride! And that section where you drive past the falling lava… puts me in awe every time.

The track count is pushing up nicely :)

Game modes are there!

Vehicles are plentiful and awesome. Stylistically the Eversor is the perfect addition to Cygon.

Weapons – damn good. And the implementation of Hydra is freaking stylish and better than I imagined.

My main demand for content, if I can make demands :), and this is something that is missing from the coming soon list but… I want to see the last Terra vehicle!

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:32 am

Yes ! Molten Rock for the win. You guys keep delievering :)

playabot

Postby playabot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Can I get a +1 for the Terra Destroyer!?

playabot

Postby playabot » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Could Hydra benefit from a slight homing ability and slight ability to follow the curvature of the track, possibly bigger area of effect?

At present, opportunities for effective use seem limited...

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:55 pm

This map was real crazy, played it in an online game after not having played for a while, didn't even know it existed until I got booted in to it, really impressive stuff :)
You're just a voice pal.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:43 am

Glad you guys are having fun :D

RE: Hydra

It already has some homing and a ton of track/terrain following. You can't shoot it on a curve in general though

We haven't fully decided on backwards shooting functionality. Will explore the possibility though
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Announcements”