Reverse Thermophobia

Talk about anything to do with the race courses here.
OrangeSodaMachine

Reverse Thermophobia

Postby OrangeSodaMachine » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Thermophobia both Acrophobia Reverse as well as being its own track. I don't know if there any plans to make Thermo Reverese. I think that there should be a third -Phobia track to complete the set. Plus, I just want to take a stab at track design.

Claustrophobia: Thermophobia reverse

Claustrophobia (the fear of tight space) starts in the same place and direction as Acro does. The first issue this track faces is the narrow pipe at the end of Thermo. The track immediately begins to narrow to fit all 10 racers into one tube. I can understand not wanting to have such a narrow section so close to the starting line. But I guess things will have to get a little bit *puts on sunglasses* Claustrophobic.

The next section is simple enough. The only major that would be needed is to widen the approach to the first jump. The next pipe section is even simpler, since the field has had a chance to spread out.

Now we can get creative. This next section relies on the quad-hover cranes. This part raps back around to Acro's first jump. Claustrophobia is now running the part of Acro that Thermo didn't reach. However, rather than entering the cave that is at the start of acro, claustro pulls out a fast left-hand s-bend into an entirely new cave section. Suffice it to say, this section would as complex as it can get. This part would be labor intensive as an entire new section of track would have to be made.

This segways into the last section as it wraps back around to below Thermo's big opening jump and uphill to the finish.

IDK what do you think?

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Reverse Thermophobia

Postby Queadah » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:10 am

Edit: Thermo is already an heavily modified reverse version of Acro

New tracks is always a yes. I've read your description and why not ! But another "phobia" is just "no". This is not a thing ! You're not telling much with a fear of something. Racers race in places, and in GRIP, it's supposed to be in different planets. How do you render that diversity with a "fear of something"?

You do NOT !

It's totally generic and bland. The concept of whatever-phobia on Mars will be just the same as on Earth or Pluto or Liddo5 or Orbital Prime...

You're not paying tribute to the universe you're trying to create with such names. This is not creating lore AT ALL.

Aren't they places that would deserve mention in the GRIP universe, is there any hope for originality and imagination accross the planets where GRIP races are supposed to happen ? Alien races ? Fictious events ? Alien names/religions/events ?

Coming up next: colonoscopy
Because aliens too have anus(s)

Edit: for the same reasons, "Haze" is too bad a name

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm

I've got another track coming that uses some of Thermophobia that should be interesting. Wait for that one ;)
Game Director
GRIP

playabot

Postby playabot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 am

Colonoscophobia :D haha ...it'll need a tunnel...
Last edited by playabot on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

playabot

Postby playabot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:14 am

Tachophobia might work..... a fear of speed ;)

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 am

Gawd please no

Return to “Tracks”