Porting Process and Console PC Crossplay

Discuss more technical topics here
Stage III

Porting Process and Console PC Crossplay

Postby Stage III » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Been following this game for a while a seeing great progress. Ive just seen TeamVVV youtube videos of Grip on PS4/XB1. How hard was it porting to these platforms (this is for Rob/codemonkey). I've been wondering if there a possibility of a PC/console crossplay multiplayer mode? It would greatly add to the game's longevity. Like a pool of PC players vs Switch/XB1 or PS4? Are there plans for a closed console beta as well?

Tathendal

Re: Porting Process and Console PC Crossplay

Postby Tathendal » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Crossplay would be really, really, REALLY great thing.

Pulsahr

Postby Pulsahr » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:08 am

If crossplay is implemented, I can guarantee 5 purchases. Friends and I split on platforms since our crazy Wipeout Fusion sessions. If Grip is cross-platform, both PC and PS4 friends will buy it. Might have one that buy it on both lol but that's irrelevant to the current discussion.

Cross-platform games are so rare you will gain high visibility amongst players. But I guess if you never started with it in mind, that's probably too late to hope for it as it requires (I guess, I'm no pro at this) all the network stuff to be handled on your servers instead of Steam and Sony's (I'm not far from truth right ?)
So, planned or not ?

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:07 am

I guess there still hasn't been any news about this. I doubt it will feature crossplay since sony seems to be such a b*tch with it

Return to “Technical & Hardware”