Support for OS X & SteamOS (Linux)?

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
Fincer
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Support for OS X & SteamOS (Linux)?

Postby Fincer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:37 am

You're doing great job by developing this game. Thank you guys! :)

As this game uses Unreal Engine 4, I am curious...do you have any plans to support other PC platforms than Windows, too? Primarily Mac & SteamOS? I know that it would require several tweaks to your game engine to make it run on OS X & Linux (such as moving from DX11 -> OpenGL). Making those changes is possible, but do you see it worth the effort?

I am aware that you may include PS4 support later after the Windows release.

Personally, I use Linux as my primary OS and would love to see GRIP officially coming to that platform. Wine team is already developing DX11 support but the process is very slow and I wouldn't like to wait for a year or two for it (+ of course, native game is always better than running buggy Windows version on OS X/Linux)

Any thoughts?

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Support for OS X & SteamOS (Linux)?

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:06 am

To quote Chris on the subject (From this post)
Chris_CE wrote:Yes, Unreal supports Linux and MAC but these things are never simple. Once we've got the PC and PS4 versions sorted out, we can think about other platforms ;)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Fincer
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Fincer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:42 am

Hmm, allright. Then we should just wait for further information regarding the issue.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:32 pm

Yeah, we'd like to focus on PC and PS4, but we're not ruling out other versions, as long as there's a demand for it.
Game Director
GRIP

Fincer
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Fincer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Okay. I completely understand that you'd like to focus on making the game as good as possible to the main player base right now. :) It's still good to have your response for this, anyway. Thanks.

MT_

GRIP for Linux for nonblurry scaling

Postby MT_ » Fri May 04, 2018 9:21 pm

I vote for Linux version of GRIP since nVidia driver for Linux supports nonblurry scaling using the “Nearest Neighbour” algorithm. At integer ratios, this algorithm provides perfect lossless scaling unlike ever-blurry bilinear scaling used in monitor- and GPU-powered scalers.

That said, I would be fine with GRIP being Windows-only if the game itself supported this type of scaling. Such scaling _is_ available in Unreal Engine and can be enabled with the `r.Upscale.Quality` console variable set to `0`.

Return to “Suggestions”