[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Poll: Do you want "characters" as racers in Grip? - Page 6 - GRIP Video Game Forum

Poll: Do you want "characters" as racers in Grip?

Talk about anything you want regarding GRIP's gameplay mechanics or features (that can't be covered in other forums)

Poll: Do you want drivers to have a personality in the game?

Yes, I want to know who's butt my missile is going up
51%
No, I don't care. I just like to see things blow up.
49%

Total votes: 140

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [NOT SOON BUT LATER] Sugestion related to the Poll: Do you want "characters" as racers in Grip?

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 pm

I just had the idea got excited and did stuff sorry! First I had the idea to just post in the pool but I was afraid it could get lost so I made the post thinking about Potty big listI know it's not something that will be implement yet even Chris said to bring it up later in development so Potty just archived it as [NOT SOON BUT LATER] and life moves on. Please forgive me cause I'm not the brightest in the community :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: [NOT SOON BUT LATER] Sugestion related to the Poll: Do you want "characters" as racers in Grip?

Postby Broscar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:52 pm

No problem, mate. Just don't talk down to yourself ;p
I'll kick potty in the nuts for this and have him move the thread.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:14 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

tjgcrush
#1 Tester
#1 Tester

Re: Poll: Do you want "characters" as racers in Grip?

Postby tjgcrush » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 pm

i was thinking along the lines of "Factions" of drivers like in hot wheels highway 35 figure that in a way it would save time and money
And with his chrome V8 toys
Immortan Joe created the WarBoys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyRXvHmXxo

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:16 am

Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

Blufanta
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Blufanta » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:12 am

I liked the kind of characters in the first one! :) They didn't say much or anything like that it's just nice knowing you're driving as an avatar you like :)

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:17 am

My vote goes to "only if drivers aren't tied to specific cars"
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:13 pm

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Xirahii

Postby Xirahii » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:55 pm

_______

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:58 am

I'm not a fan of male characters that look like monsters or too macho looking or girls that look like whores so I thought about this:

http://i.imgur.com/KprAVYJ.gif

You know Japanese look vs American look :) If you can decide and customize your own game it kind of makes me feel better that way it can please everyone! If they want to make the game look more bad ass and they don't want nothing cute as characters it's up for the devs.

About the taunt yeah I kind of agree :( Too bad there is always some garbage that calls itself a human being and will prevent us to put a nice feature like that in the game cause they will use it for offensive messages.

The devs could always ban ppl who abuse it but I don't know too much trouble???? Maybe something that do not offend me can offend you so maybe we should remove it hahahaha like they care for what I think :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

themeii
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby themeii » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:55 pm

With characters you could have special missions against specific characters like Death Rallys "Make sure Duke doesn't finish" missions where you get extra or lose credits depending if you manage to do it.

AssKickerson

Postby AssKickerson » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Game Director

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:04 am

Actually I think the same thing was in GRID 1, when starting the race the camera drops to one of the racers and the guy tells you through the radio:
"He's in the best form, better watch out"
"This driver is insanely aggressive on the road, pay attention"
"This is the best track of this driver, good luck"

This could work so well in GRIP I think :D for example:

"This driver knows that track, keep your eyes on him for shorter paths"
"This guy is ruthless, stay out of his way"
"This is one of the best drivers out there, keep him down"
"One of the drivers got bounty on you, watch for yourself"
"People bet a lot of money on that guy, take him down"

and something along this way

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Yeah TOCA Race Driver had a rival kinda thing
Game Director

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Jester should be the ultimate vilain lol

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:09 pm

Maybe reactions from the AI later when it gets hit or goes a really good round? Like the comments in UT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qx8-8w4wSo

Jetgaze

Postby Jetgaze » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Instead of wasting fuel on making 3d dudes and voicing them...

Why not just show Custom avatar when your "character" adress someone?

Add CUSTOM taunts and replies that can be assigned to several actions and its super good.

Example : You attach "Ouch!" to "being hit by rocket" action.

Now players, that hit you with a rocket, see your avatar picture and "Ouch!" written under it.

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:38 am

Return to “Game Features”